Purple Emporers

Discussion forum for sightings.
Denise

Re: Purple Emporers

Post by Denise »

Very nice Guy :)
I have realised this was my mistake, but as I don't live close to a PE population, I will have to wait and try again next time. :(

Pete very kindly edited one of my photo's for me, (Thank you Pete) so now I have an acceptable image from this year. It's simply amazing what some people can do with Photoshop. I am totally useless!!!

Thanks for thinking of me Guy.

Denise
Denise
LCPete

Post by LCPete »

I came down to Fermyn on thursday with my friend Jeff we had a great day 3 new species for me :D
I was lucky Jeff had been before and knew where to look
Purple Emporer white admiral and white letter hairstreak :D
Met some very nice people too
Pete
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi all,
Just back from a few days in Fermyn. As always a LOT of fun. Did some TV stuff with Matthew Oates, but it won't be aired until 2011, by which time the production team hope to have recovered from the shock of it all. At one point there were two Beeb crews there, as Matthew was also doing a piece with Mike Dilger - who got the full 'Purple treatment'. Here are a few shots from Purple Emperor 'Mecca'. Fuller account to appear soon at http://apaturairis.blogspot.com/
Neil
UKBFERM1.jpg
UKBPEDilger.jpg
UKBPEfem.jpg
P1090872_edited-1.jpg
UKBFERM2.jpg
UKBPEMPIRE.jpg
Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

i made a short movie at Fermyn last week:

http://blip.tv/file/2352034

charles
8) 8) 8)
Bob Ashworth

Post by Bob Ashworth »

Hi,
I'm thinking of driving down to Fermyn Wood from Lancashire one day next week to hopefully see Purple Emporers. Are they likely to still be active or am I too late?
Regards,
Bob.
Steve Babbs

Post by Steve Babbs »

Bob Ashworth wrote:Hi,
I'm thinking of driving down to Fermyn Wood from Lancashire one day next week to hopefully see Purple Emporers. Are they likely to still be active or am I too late?
Regards,
Bob.
Can I second this question. I'm driving nearby tomorrow. Are there amy still about?

Steve
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Steve and Bob,
It's really getting a bit late in the season to be going specifically for PEs, although there will still be a few about. Better off looking for females which will be egg-laying after about 1.30pm. Chances of males on the deck are very small now, especially at Botany Bay. The PEs at Fermyn will be a better bet than at BB, as the flight period is about a week behind up there.
Neil
Bob Ashworth

Post by Bob Ashworth »

Thanks Neil
Bob.

Return to “Sightings”