Hummingbird hawk

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
eccles

Hummingbird hawk

Post by eccles »

I've been trying to get a decent pic of one of these for weeks. This is about the best of a rather fuzzy bunch.
Oy

Post by Oy »

I'm yet to SEE one never mind photograph one!
Take nothing but photographs. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time.
Gwenhwyfar
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Gwenhwyfar »

Another one great find eccles :D

I came home to find a big dull moth on my door, never thought anything of it until it flew down to the ground. I saw the orange flash - so grabed the camera, on returning I was surprised to see it still there. I didn't think it was well so i put my finger in front of him and he climbed on - I got my pic and he flew off!!!

eccles

Post by eccles »

What a great find. I've never seen one at rest!
BRIAN

HUMMING BIRD HAWK

Post by BRIAN »

Cant beleive my first posting and we are discussing moths! but here goes out in the garden last night 9th Sept approx 18.30 I was watching a colony of red admirals busy feeding on the last of my buddlhea flowers, when I saw what I thought was another silver y, but saw a flash of orange, yes my first humming bird hawk, we are 30 miles norh of Manchester, but no bedstraw around, any other foodplants this moth may use? I have a blurred picture of it but after about 20 seconds it had gone

Return to “Photography”