AES Exhibitions in 2006

Discussion forum for field trips and any other events.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor

AES Exhibitions in 2006

Post by Pete Eeles »

The next Amateur Entomological Society (AES) Exhibition is at York Racecourse on Saturday 8th April 2006. The usual AES annual Exhibition at Kempton Park Racecourse, Sunbury, Middlesex is on Saturday 7 October 2006. For details and membership of the AES see http://www.amentsoc.org

Cheers,

- Pete
Adrian Hoskins

Secondhand books at the AES

Post by Adrian Hoskins »

Thanks for that Pete. York is a long way to go, but the bargains to be had might make it worthwhile. The exhibition always seems to be crawling with people buying and swapping set specimens, but the Butterfly Conservation stand is always worth a visit. For me however the greatest value of the exhibition is the enormous number of secondhand entomology books on sale, typically running into several hundred volumes, covering everything from popular but out of print stuff, to scarce scientific papers about the odd habits of a particular fly. Great stuff, and should certainly not be missed by anyone in the area.

Adrian Hoskins
Pete Eeles

Post by Pete Eeles »

I'd definitely agree with that Adrian! Of all of the stands at the AES exhibition (and there are lots), the book stands are always those that the knowledgeable visitors will head for first.

Cheers,

- Pete
Pete Eeles

Post by Pete Eeles »

I'll be attending the AES exhibition on Saturday week (7th October) if anyone wants to meet up. Next year I might get a stand but, since this costs money (!), an informal get-together will have to suffice :)

Please let me know if you'd like to meet up so that I can gauge interest. I'll figure out a suitable meeting point between now and then :)

Cheers,

- Pete
alex mclennan

Post by alex mclennan »

Hi Pete
Gill and I would love to meet you and the others at the AES Exhibition but unfortunately it coincides with the Andrea Bocelli concert in Birmingham the same day. She is his number one fan and wild horses wouldn't drag her away from this one!! Hope you have a good day. Alex

Return to “Field Trips and Events”