RFI Glanville Frit

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
RobinD

RFI Glanville Frit

Post by RobinD »

Hello,

A friend is visiting from Yorkshire tomorrow (last minute idea) and we were wondering about trying to see Glanville Fritillary which would be a tick for both of us.

Can anyone please offer any advice on where to look atHordle Cliffs or Hurst Castle please.

I will have two small boys with me as well (7 & 4) in case that affects where we can go!

Thank you,

Robin
Vince Massimo
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Re: RFI Glanville Frit

Post by Vince Massimo »

Hi Robin,

Details of the exact location at Hurst Castle were given by "geniculata" on May 10th. You can find this at the bottom of page 3 of the May sightings forum.

Good hunting and look forward to seeing any photos.

Vince.
geniculata

Post by geniculata »

sorry but i had word that the county recorder for bc hants-iow has made the decision that records of hursts glanvilles, are for the sake of the butterfly,
better not posted and as i wish to obide with her judgement removed them promptly. again sorry.

gary.
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Post by Gruditch »

Good move, :wink: I haven't seen the Glanville's for two years now. We did pop down when the weather was awful, ( and no one else would be crazy enough to be there ) but without success. Because of the visitor numbers, we decided getting the photograph, was not in the interest of the Hurst Glanville's.

We will make the trip to the IOW next year.

Gruditch
RobinD

Post by RobinD »

Thanks for the advice and due to travel problems, my friend didn't make it in time to go anywhere so we just had some Small Whites and yes, Painted Ladies in the garden.

IOW next year if possible...

Return to “Sites”