Small Toiseshell

Discussion forum for books and any other media concerning butterflies.
Denise

Small Toiseshell

Post by Denise »

Message on UK Leps today.

BBC South are showing an 8 minute film this Wednesday (Inside Out, BBC1) on small torts, including interviews with me and with Martin Warren and footage of caterpillar collecting last summer on Port Meadow in Oxford -
this might be of interest to you and other UTB members. Haven't seen the film yet so hope they don't mis-represent the topic too much. I live outside the BBC South reception area but I'm told the film will be on their web site the following day.
Denise
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Re: Small Toiseshell

Post by Gruditch »

Bet you sound a bit West Country, :lol: Last time I was on TV, it was sadly footage of me crashing into a tree, in a downhill MTB race. :oops:

Gruditch
Denise

Post by Denise »

Sorry Gary,

Full message reads:-
The Upper Thames Branch are having a talk, among other fasscinating topics, about the parasites of eh Small Toiseshell and whether that dratted fly Sturmia bella, is too blame for recent falls in numbers. That's on Sat 14th in Aylesbury. Detail on UTB website - follow link
http://upperthames-butterflies.org.uk/events.html#CAD

anyhow, this 'exclusive' revelation of research many of you have been involved in (by sending larvae into Oxford Uni) is to be trailled in a report to the BBC tomorrow Weds 11th.
Head honcho Owen Lewis emailed me this message

BBC South are showing an 8 minute film this Wednesday (Inside Out, BBC1) on small torts, including interviews with me and with Martin Warren and footage of caterpillar collecting last summer on Port Meadow in Oxford -
this might be of interest to you and other UTB members. Haven't seen the film yet so hope they don't mis-represent the topic too much. I live outside the BBC South reception area but I'm told the film will be on their web site the following day.

should be fascinating - as should both his talk and all others on the 14th - free entry
cheers Nick

(not me :( , and only a bit west country? :lol: )
Denise
Denise

Post by Denise »

You may be interested in this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk:80/insideout/conte ... ture.shtml

Denise
Denise

Return to “Books, Articles, Videos, TV”