January 2009 votes

This is a forum for, primarily, monthly (or so!) photographic competitions that complement the annual competition.

Who would you like to vote for.

Poll ended at Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Susie
6%
Paul
2%
Twitcher
1%
Fourwings
1%
Charles Nicol
No votes
Birdy43
6%
Sussex Kipper
2%
Janwennekes
2%
Polly
7%
Sunsetoneuk
No votes
Xmilehigh
2%
M_galathea
14%
Mouse
2%
Dave McCormick
No votes
Roundwood123
1%
Rogerdodge
4%
Shirley Roulston
3%
Fishiee
4%
Gwenhwyfar
18%
NickB
4%
Keith Woonton
7%
Gruditch
2%
Jackharr
1%
Geniculata
5%
Padfield
3%

Total votes: 95

johnb

Re: January 2009 votes

Post by johnb »

Congratulations to the top five they were all outstanding ,but the two winners were nothing short of being professional standard well done.
eccles

Post by eccles »

My favourites were birdy43's take on the painted lady's legendary migration capabilities, Keith Woonton's kaleidoscopic red admirals, and Gwenhwyfar's picture postcard fritillaries. M Galathea's Dartmoor frits were also very nicely done.
m_galathea

Post by m_galathea »

Well that certainly sweeps my previous record of three votes away, so thankyou for voting for me and your kind comments too : )

I was really pleased this month to see such a good variety of entries, sometimes I feel we can all be a little too conventional with our photography, me included.

My vote went to Keith Woonton for the instant visual appeal of "Rapturous Red". This was brilliantly executed in my opinion, and was an idea that I wouldn't have ever thought of myself. Good work Keith.

If anyone wants to write the Dartmoor Frits book then there's a free cover for you ;) and I'll even add in the left SWF antenna just to finish it off!

Alexander

Return to “Competitions”