Canon EOS 5D Mark II

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Paul

Canon EOS 5D Mark II

Post by Paul »

Has anyone any experience of this??.. eg would the sigma lenses still be compatible... pipe dream in progress! :lol:
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark II

Post by Gruditch »

Hi Paul, I only had a five minute play around with one, but it is as nice as it gets. :)

As with any old Sigma lenses, they will not work properly with a new DLSR, unless they have been re-chipped, ( you have to send them back to Sigma to get this done, I understand it's not expensive, but can take a while. ) Basically you need a Sigma DG lens, to guarantee it will work on a new Canon. However if you have a new Sigma DC lens, that will not work on a full frame camera like the 5D MK2.

Cheers Gruditch
Paul

Post by Paul »

I'm glad I asked,.... so would this be the perfect match???... Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Lens - Canon Fit - sorry.. I'm a technophobe.. :oops:
Gwenhwyfar
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Gwenhwyfar »

Hi Paul,

I just read this out to Gary, as he has his head stuck in a book - he said yes this lens will fit.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Many thanks, now if I could add some of your collective technique I'd be fixed up just right!! :D

Return to “Photography”