Another long time no see and something to look forward to.

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Cotswold Cockney

Another long time no see and something to look forward to.

Post by Cotswold Cockney »

Met again and spent a pleasant evening with an old Moth and Butterfly friend who I had not seen for over twenty years last month. He's now fifty and last time we were 'in the field' together, he was in his twenties. Mainly a moth man, he has done much recording with his trap and sugar preparation over many years. That particular last time we were active together was on June 21st 1984 at Edge Common in Gloucestershire ~ easy date to remember and was notable as that evening, we were not the only ones 'moth~ing' there that night ~ my first ever encounter with a Nightjar ~ a most interesting and unusual crepuscular bird. Fascinating and the sugar preparation was quite productive that night too...;)

Anyway, we made plans to take his moth trap to my own personal little nature reserve and sample what's about there during the new 2009 season. I know there is a wide variety of butterflies breeding there and I have found a good number of moth species breeding there too, mainly seen in larval form including Hawk Moths.

So, really looking forward to the 'new' season now ~ and on that note, Best Wishes to all here on UKBs for the new year and coming season....

Lets hope it's a good un... ;)
Cotswold Cockney is the name
All aspects of Natural History is my game.

Return to “General”