Chequered Skipper Pub Meeting

Discussion forum for field trips and any other events.
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

This meeting discussion has been booted off the Yahoo UK Leps group.
I for one will be at the Chequered Skipper Pub on March 11th.
Any other takers?
Roger Harding

Post by Guest »

Hello,

I thought I would come and have a nose. I can't make it on the 11th, but hope to meet up with some of you lot at some other time.

I can't believe the thread was booted off! I had already said I wasn't gonna say any more on the topic but that was my choice. What a bunch of self-operators some of them are!
FlyByWire

Post by FlyByWire »

I can't make the 11th either as I am in Hampshire that day for a meeting. But if the 18th or 25th is still on then I might be able to make it (but not 100% yet as I have to juggle other stuff around and it's all a bit in flux).

Yes I agree. As a newbie I didn't want to comment on uk_leps but I personally think the moderator was out of order booting that thread. To me it was not off topic, and the moderator was being anti-social.

I haven't been on the group for long and so far impressions are not good. I personally am not interested in all the emails (especially the endless Red Admiral and Ireland reports, and the off topic ones) but for those I have a simple solution - the delete button!

I will keep an eye on this forum though. If any trips happen in the home counties or Hampshire I am definitely potentially interested.

-Mike (Northwest London)
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Re: Chequered Skipper Pub Meeting

Post by Pete Eeles »

FlyByWire wrote:If any trips happen in the home counties or Hampshire I am definitely potentially interested.

-Mike (Northwest London)
I'd suggest also keeping an eye on the Butterfly Conservation website events pages at http://www.butterfly-conservation.org/n ... /index.php and, of course, if you're not already a member of BC, then I'd recommend joining since most branches have their own events listing. The Hampshire and IOW events list is normally pretty full!

Cheers

- Pete

Post by Guest »

Hiya Mike,

You might find this page of interest too. There are trips to Broxbourne, Ruislip and Horsenden Hill mentioned.

http://butterfly-conservation.org/herts ... s-new.html

Cya,

Susie
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

At risk of going over old ground, I could make 11th, 18th or 25th so would prefer the day when most people can attend.

I believe both Roger from Devon and Colin can make 11th so that would make three of us. But it would certainly be better if we could drum up others.

I have an idea. We could always advertise the meeting on uk-leps

Jack
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

I can now only make 25th

Jack Harrison
Buttyman Col

Chequered Skipper pub meeting

Post by Buttyman Col »

That's a shame Jack. We'll have to consider an April meeting - the way the weather has been, the season proper won't get going until May this year!

If anyone other than Rog or myself is still intending to go to the Chequered Skipper next Saturday please post by Tuesday evening (7th March)
Colin B

Return to “Field Trips and Events”