essex buzzard

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
millerd

Re: essex buzzard

Post by millerd »

That's an absolute cracker of an Adonis Blue, Mark. Just perfect :) :mrgreen:

Lydden is always worth a visit (until fairly recently I had a friend in Dover so could drop in), but for me Aston Rowant is much closer. I'd agree with your comments about AR - like other bits of downland it has been unusually overgrown this year so the bare ground where the SSS like to bask has been all but non-existent. The few I found this year were almost exclusively where the grass was shorter and their favourite scabious flowers had forced their way through. Chalkhill numbers were very low this year, but Adonis Blues seemed less so.

Cheers,

Dave
trevor

Post by trevor »

Great mating SSS shot, but your Adonis shot is something else! :mrgreen:
I completely failed to find a second brood Adonis this year.
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

That is a brilliant Silver-spot pic (in-cop) ! Essex ........been trying to find a pair for years ......but no joy ! my bogey picture....... and the male Adonis is none to shabby either !.............Good stuff !! my best moment at Lydden this year ,a superb male Wartbiter Cricket. Regards Allan.W.
essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

I reckon it had emerged that day, Dave. I’ve seen thousands of AB over the years, and that one must be among the very best! I didn’t see Adonis Blues at AR this year, my visit was too early. But it’s good that you found some.

I’m surprised, Trevor, that you didn’t see any AB in August of early September, given the Sussex and Wiltshire sites on your radar. But I see you’ve had your fill with Walls, as well as a certain Castle- I guess you can’t do everything.

Hi Allan, I’ve never found a wartbiter, so you’re one up on me!
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I'm with all the others Essex - that is a mighty fine Adonis, the mightiest of finest, it almost pings out of the screen :shock: 8) :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Personal Diaries”