Book Wanted...

Discussion forum for books and any other media concerning butterflies.
Piers

Book Wanted...

Post by Piers »

Hi all,

I am after a copy of The Moths and Butterflies of Great Britain and Ireland Volume 3: Ypononeutidae to Elachistidae, hard back and preferably as new condition.

If anyone can help please PM me.

I would be more than willing to give someone a brand new soft-back copy plush cash in exchange for an as-new hard back if there's anybody out there who doesn't care what binding they have and feel like robbing me blind !!!

Many thanks,

Felix.
lee3764

Re: Book Wanted...

Post by lee3764 »

Hi Felix,
I don't know if you still need this book -
Book Wanted...!
Message: Hi all, I know it's not a New Nat, but I am after a copy of The
Moths and Butterflies of Great Britain and Ireland Volume 3:
Ypononeutidae to Elachistidae, hard back and preferably as new condition.
If anyone can help please post and I shall email.... I have a soft back copy
that's now dog eared and covered in all sorts of grub through being used
out and about, but I would like a nice hard back for 'indoors'. I would be
more than willing to give someone a brand new softback
copy plush cash
in exchange for an asnew
hard back if there's anybody out there who
doesn't care what binding they have and feel like robbing me blind !!!
Many thanks...
Content Type: Discussion
Created: 12/22/2008 4:25 PM
Created By: Felix
Last Updated: 12/22/2008 4:25 PM

but I am awaiting delivery of a hardback copy & remember seeing your request of N/N site & UK Butterflies site both last December.
Thanks,
Lee Slaughter (Cornwall).
Piers

Post by Piers »

Nice one Lee - you're a gent for remembering me, this was sometime ago now...!

I have emailed you. Speak soon...

Piers.
lee3764

Post by lee3764 »

Re-Moths & Butterflies of GB & I, vol3 h'back........Glad you liked the book Felix. I've just seen a slightly damaged hardback copy of this same volume on Abebooks from Pemberly books for £167!! It's nice to have the whole set so far issued in Hardback.
Anyone looking for any hard to get hold of books? email me at... leelisa1998@aol.com & I'll see what I can do. Cheers.........Lee Slaughter. 8)
Piers

Post by Piers »

lee3764 wrote:I've just seen a slightly damaged hardback copy of this same volume on Abebooks from Pemberly books for £167!! It's nice to have the whole set so far issued in Hardback.
:shock: :shock:

Well the copy you found for me was a cracker - better condition actually than you described!

Trust Lee Slaughter for all your out of print book needs..!

Felix.
lee3764

Post by lee3764 »

Felix wrote:
lee3764 wrote:I've just seen a slightly damaged hardback copy of this same volume on Abebooks from Pemberly books for £167!! It's nice to have the whole set so far issued in Hardback.
:shock: :shock:

Well the copy you found for me was a cracker - better condition actually than you described!

Trust Lee Slaughter for all your out of print book needs..!

Felix.
Well...thanks Felix! :oops: I don't know about getting all out of print books but I do try hard but I don't think I can come up at the moment with Jim Porters book 'The Colour Identification Guide To Caterpillars Of The British Isles'. I have had a number of people ask me to try & get a copy but I have come up with none at all! I have had great success with some other books though! I have 'British Tortricoid Moths' by Bradley, Tremewan & Smith (the Ray Society Book) for £79 at the moment if anyone hasn't got a copy. It is a difficult book to get hold of. It is from the library of the late Col A.M. Emmet himself. I've also got a spare copy of 'A Cornwall Butterfly Atlas' at £17 as new condition but it is £28.95 from the publishers. A bargain & a lovely book about the lovely butterflies to be found in my county of Cornwall. I will email you about your book needs in next couple of days. I have a spare copy of Russwurms 'Aberrations' book although it's in v.good condition but I don't want too much for it so it will hopefully still be what you want. The others I will investigate. Cheers for the compliments again..........Lee Slaughter. :)

Return to “Books, Articles, Videos, TV”