Help Butterflies in Wales URGENT VOTE 25th November

Discussion forum for conservation of butterflies.
Lynn

Help Butterflies in Wales URGENT VOTE 25th November

Post by Lynn »

You can help the Grasslands Trust win vital funds for conservation work in Wales.

A woodland conservation project goes head-to-head with a skate park in the battle for community funds in West Wales. The People's Millions is offering £50,000 to the winning project which must transform the environment for local people.

The Grassland Trust are hoping this Big Lottery Fund initiative will help to restore an area of ancient woodland on the Carmel National Nature Reserve in Carmarthenshire. The woodland has been left alone for many years, the grassland glades and rides which once existed have become very badly overgrown.

Woodland butterflies cannot survive in these conditions. Lack of sunlight kills off the plants that caterpillars feed on and those that butterflies rely on for nectar. Neglected Woodland has caused butterfly numbers to plunge nationwide, with species such as the Small Pearl-bordered Fritillary losing a third of their population in the past 30 years.

Russel Hobson, Head of Conservation in Wales, "This project will have a positive impact for woodland butterflies and the reserve gives people a fantastic opportunity to see these amazing creatures."

Vote for the Grasslands Trust today (Tuesday 25 November) and ensure the People's Millions go towards saving woodland butterflies.

To vote for the Grasslands Trust's project "Carmel's Ancient Woodland Treasures" ring 0871 626 8145 until midnight. (Calls cost only 10p from a BT landline but considerably more from a mobile. Up to 10 calls can be made from any one phone.)
Denise

Re: Help Butterflies in Wales URGENT VOTE 25th November

Post by Denise »

Done! I'm glad that you reminded me as I forgot that it was today. :oops:
Cheers
Denise
Lynn

Re: Help Butterflies in Wales URGENT VOTE 25th November

Post by Lynn »

The good news is Butterflies beat skate boards & the Carmel Woods project will be getting £44,210 - great news for Welsh butterflies.

Return to “Conservation”