Camera RAW

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Tom Wade

Camera RAW

Post by Tom Wade »

I have a copy of Photoshop Elements 5.0 for windows and would like to start processing RAW images from my Canon 40D.

My book on Photoshop says I should be able to download the Camera RAW 4.1plug in to enable this but on looking on the Adobe site the latest version is 4.5 and is not compatible with Elements 5.0 for windows.

Does anyone know if version 4.1 is still available for download or have I to start buying new software?

I have Canon Profseeional bundled with the camera but haven't played with it yet.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tom
KeynvorLogosenn

Re: Camera RAW

Post by KeynvorLogosenn »

Tom Wade

Post by Tom Wade »

Hi Mouse,

yes I think it is but now I'm not sure if it will read images from the 40D, so more investigation I think.

Thanks anyway.

The speed and quality of replies on this website amazes me !
KeynvorLogosenn

Post by KeynvorLogosenn »

Have you tried pluging your camera in? It might say what update you need and give you a link to it maybe?
eccles

Post by eccles »

Check here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/ ... rm=windows for the list of supported versions.

It looks like you need at least version 4.2 for 40D support but I think you can go up to 4.3.1 for Elements 5.
Edit: Correction, it looks like the latest version 4.6 will also work with Elements 5:
The Camera Raw 4.6 plug-in is not compatible with versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS3, versions of Photoshop Elements earlier than Photoshop Elements 4.01 for Macintosh or Photoshop Elements 5.0 for Windows, or versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 3.0.
Tom Wade

Post by Tom Wade »

Thanks Eccles, I will give it a try.

Tom
lurkalot

Post by lurkalot »

Don't quote me on this, but I believe once you have Camera RAW 4.6 installed, you will also be able to install the camera profiles. (Camera Matching profiles that match the camera manufacturers' colour appearance) :wink:

Camera Profiles and DNG Profile Editor

Return to “Photography”