Bhutan Butterflies

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Sonam Dorji

Re: Bhutan Butterflies

Post by Sonam Dorji »

Hi all,

Have been away for a long time due to covid and got little distracted with other works. Now that covid is becoming a bit of history, movements around the country is free. On the hindside, I have been also in the fields and chasing some butterflies here in my country whenever time permitted me. I did come across some special moments such as the discovery of Bhutanitis ludlowi in different area and was subsequently announced in our national TV. Here is the link

http://www.bbs.bt/news/?p=175207#:~:tex ... %20Yangtse.

Interestingly, I saw roadkill Kaiser- I-Hind on the same hill. Looking for a live one but not yet successful. I do now hope that I can conribute more pics and infos of Butterflies from Eastern Bhutan regularly. Please find attached the B. ludlowi and a pic from the same hill. Some nomads also lives there but not much of negative distruction. Have been informally tellling them bout the importance of the hill

rgds,
Sonam Dorji
Attachments
IMG_5680.jpg
IMG_5170.jpg
David M

Post by David M »

Sonam Dorji wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:14 am...Now that covid is becoming a bit of history...
Let's hope it continues that way, Sonam.

Nice to see you back. Been a miserable time for all of us really, but images of butterflies such as your ludlowi help to give us a bit of cheer, so thanks for posting.
Sonam Dorji

Post by Sonam Dorji »

Thanks David. Sorry could not reply to you at the earliest as I am on constant travel in remote places looking for wildlife in general. Not much network there and can come only when I am in town areas. I will keep posting now as I can travel freely like before.

rgds,
Sonam
David M

Post by David M »

No problem, Sonam. I understand very well restrictions on time due to being in the field.

I have replied to the email you sent me a few days ago so take a look and get back to me when you get chance.

Return to “Personal Diaries”