Katrina

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
trevor

Re: Katrina

Post by trevor »

You finding that female Common blue not only provided a great finale for the afternoon,
it also satisfied one of my ambitions for the day. As you say, well worth the long wait.

Lovely shots of her too! Great to meet you again, thanks for a very civilised afternoon.

Trevor.
Katrina

Fantastic Day

Post by Katrina »

I went down to Worthing today and had a wonderful day, :D :D :D
I saw Long-Tailed Blues, Clouded Yellows, Common Blues, a HBHM, Small Coppers and a Speckled Wood.
The butterflies were on top form as was the company - Trevor, Paul, Dave, Neil and briefly Ben form UK butterflies and other enthusiasts.
Thanks to Paul for sharing his perfect LTB and Trevor for the lift to the station
Attachments
LTB with nic
LTB with nic
Common Blue
Common Blue
LTB
LTB
Small Copper
Small Copper
LTB
LTB
LTB
LTB
open wing 2.jpeg
open wing ltb 3.jpeg
Clouded Yellow
Clouded Yellow
LTB pair.jpeg
trevor

Post by trevor »

Good to see you and all the others today, and also enjoy the fabulous weather.
As your shots show LTB's look great on pebbles, lovely open wing shots.
Glad you got home OK.

A great day!
Trevor.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Those LTBs on the pebbles are great Katrina 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: - not a blade of grass getting in the way :wink: Mind you that deliciously blue female Common Blue is just as eye catching 8) :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Wurzel wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:54 pm Those LTBs on the pebbles are great Katrina 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: - not a blade of grass getting in the way :wink: Mind you that deliciously blue female Common Blue is just as eye catching 8) :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Thanks Wurzel. That was a Paul find too and if we wait long enough I think we will see a better photo taken by him.
David M

Post by David M »

Love those last couple of images in particular, Katrina.

Clouded Yellows and Long Tailed Blues have brought a smile to so many faces this year. :mrgreen:
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

David M wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:45 pm Love those last couple of images in particular, Katrina.

Clouded Yellows and Long Tailed Blues have brought a smile to so many faces this year. :mrgreen:
Thanks David,
lots of people there so we will have the pleasure of seeing many more photos from the day I am sure.
Benjamin

Post by Benjamin »

Great to see your excellent shots from today Katrina. It was hard to drag myself away with the clouds parting and so much of the afternoon still ahead, but I was thankful to be there at all - what a welcome end of season bonus this is becoming! Hopefully catch up again soon.
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Some great shots there Katrina, I think LTB look best on pebbles, it's just the perfect background for them :)
Some addictions are good for the soul!
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks Ben, it most certainly was a bonus fantastic day.
Thanks Paul, I agree LTBs look great on pebbles!
Katrina

Worthing Again

Post by Katrina »

I went back to Worthing today to revisit the Long-tailed Blues and catch up with my friend.
No pairs were seen by me or as far as I know others but a good time was had.
My friend proved helpful in spotting butterflies and thanks for the coffee and cake.
Attachments
Long-tailed blue on pebble.jpeg
Long-tailed blue on valerian.jpeg
Double Clouded Yellow Better cropped.jpeg
Long-tailed blue open wing.jpeg
Long-tailed blue on Tamarisk.jpeg
Clouded Yellow in Foliage.jpeg
Susie's Common Blue.jpeg
Susie's Blue open wing.jpeg
millerd

Post by millerd »

Lovely photos Katrina! :) LTBs do look terrific on pebbles, and so do those two Cloudies - how did you manage to get two to sit together like that? :)

Good to catch up with you on Wednesday - can see that having that spot relatively nearby is like a magnet (I'd be there every day I think!).

Cheers,

Dave
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Nice double Cloudie shot. I got one the other day too down there, but you may have to wait a while before it sees the light of day, still 20 odd posts before I reach the Worthing Blues Party! :lol:
Some addictions are good for the soul!
trevor

Post by trevor »

You had a great return visit. A pair of cloudies :mrgreen: and that distant shot :mrgreen:
I couldn't quite make that one out until I clicked on it, and there is a lonely LTB in perfect focus.
I nearly went yesterday but it was breezy here, I thought it would be worse by the sea.

Clearly not!
Trevor.
David M

Post by David M »

This has been a great event, Katrina. Good to see plenty of people making the most of it.

I notice even the Cloudies are settling on the pebbles. I presume they are attracted by the relative warmth?
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

millerd wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:30 pm Lovely photos Katrina! :) LTBs do look terrific on pebbles, and so do those two Cloudies - how did you manage to get two to sit together like that? :)

Good to catch up with you on Wednesday - can see that having that spot relatively nearby is like a magnet (I'd be there every day I think!).

Cheers,

Dave
Thank you , I do like them on pebbles. I tried lightening the one on the pebbles on the editing bar and I liked it even more.
I found the Cloudies like that in a cloudy spell.
It was great to catch up with you and others last Wednesday I feel I haven't bumped into people as much as usual this year.
It is a magnet - I nearly titled the entry "I just cant get enough"
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

bugboy wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:53 pm Nice double Cloudie shot. I got one the other day too down there, but you may have to wait a while before it sees the light of day, still 20 odd posts before I reach the Worthing Blues Party! :lol:
Thanks Paul,
I am looking forward to your post :D
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

trevor wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:31 am You had a great return visit. A pair of cloudies :mrgreen: and that distant shot :mrgreen:
I couldn't quite make that one out until I clicked on it, and there is a lonely LTB in perfect focus.
I nearly went yesterday but it was breezy here, I thought it would be worse by the sea.

Clearly not!
Trevor.
Thanks Trevor,
not sure about perfect focus but the only one I had on the Tamarisk.
It wasn't windy but I didn't arrive until gone one o'clock - I tried the train this time
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

David M wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:02 am This has been a great event, Katrina. Good to see plenty of people making the most of it.

I notice even the Cloudies are settling on the pebbles. I presume they are attracted by the relative warmth?
It certainly has been with so many fresh LTBs in a small area.
It may be the heat - there is also limited choice in that area - Valerian, Tamarisk Hedge or pebbly beach none of which would be great for camouflage.
Fingers crossed the show isn't over.
millerd

Post by millerd »

Katrina wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:50 pm
...I found the Cloudies like that in a cloudy spell...
I suppose that's logical, when you think about it! :D

Cheers,

Dave

Return to “Personal Diaries”