Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: Goldie M

Post by Wurzel »

Great stuff Goldie - a cracking way to get up and running :D 8)

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Weather's much different Wurzel these last couple of days , hopefully next week will be better and I can see more, too soon to look for the Grizzled though :lol: Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:57 pm...I was pleased to spot it, of all things a Small White :D It's made my day
Unusual way to get off the mark, Goldie. Nice of it to settle for you too; they are usually very hard to photograph early in the season. :mrgreen:

I doubt you'd have seen a Small White at the beginning of March up in the north west.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! David, your certainly right , we didn't see the Small White until the end of March in the North :D then only in ones and two's but they made up for that in April and May. :D

The property hope fully I'm buying (fingers crossed ) has a medium sized garden so I'm going to buy Boules Mauve again just has soon as I'm sure the deal's done. :D I'm excited now and want to get moving in, could be April though :D

I believe the weather's to get milder, roll on .Goldie :D
trevor

Post by trevor »

Your Small White was well found Goldie, and very early.
Hope your new property goes smoothly, then you can settle in and enjoy Kent's butterflies!

Stay well,
Trevor.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many Thanks Trevor, I'm so looking forward to this year's Butterflies :D

Hopefully, sorting out the Garden for them as well :D Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Just taken these shots in My Daughters Garden, looks like it's all happening today :D Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5180 (1).jpeg
IMG_5176.jpeg
millerd

Post by millerd »

Small Whites are definitely not what you usually think of as the first butterflies of spring! Lovely to see them alongside the hibernators everyone else is posting. :)

Cheers,

Dave
trevor

Post by trevor »

Another Small White!. They will be common enough later on,
but are a bit special in March. Have a mrgreen :mrgreen: .
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking stuff Goldie :D The last two years this species has been my first photographed subject - climate change taking hold perhaps? Great photos :D 8)

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

I presume that's a different individual, Goldie? If so, that's quite a notable start to the season. Two Small Whites prior to any of the adult hibernators - remarkable. :mrgreen:
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Blimey Goldie, Small Whites :shock: I've still not seen a single butterfly yet, mind you, that is normal for me around here.

Looks like things are falling into place for you down there. Good luck with house and I am sure you will soon be out looking for your Grizzled Skippers :D

Cheers,

Neil.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks for your posts everyone, I got a really nice surprise that day I saw a total of four Whites in the garden before the cloud arrived, I've posted a few more shots, no shots yet of hibernators although, I've seen them, they didn't hang around for shots :D Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5173 (1).jpeg
IMG_5194.jpeg
IMG_5184.jpeg
IMG_5183.jpeg
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I was having my cup of tea in the garden this morning when a Comma arrived and like the Small White it flew onto the Hyacinths ,
I think my lucks in with the Butterflies, they seem to be coming to me :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5198.jpeg
IMG_5197.jpeg
IMG_5196 (2).jpeg
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I got another surprise this morning, I was taking a shot of my Daughters Hyacinths from a spot in the garden when this Butterfly landed on on them, I mean, really, is somebody sending them my way. :D

The Hyacinths are nearly over, drooping a bit now but it didn't stop the Tortoiseshell from enjoying them for a little while :D
I think the've followed me from the North, I was so pleased to see it , it's not one I thought I'd see here so quickly, if at all.Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5206 (2).jpeg
IMG_5210.jpeg
IMG_5205.jpeg
IMG_5204.jpeg
IMG_5202 (1).jpeg
IMG_5203.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

You're going great guns now Goldie :D I've not gotten any shots of a Small White or seen a Comma yet so you're ahead of me 8) :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Wow, those hyacinths are sacred, Goldie. :)

Great to see things moving smoothly for you, and all without you even needing to travel!
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

One things for sure Wurzel and David, I'm definitely going to plant Hyacinths next year when I get into my Garden. :lol:

Still looking for the Peacock and Brimstone now, a short trip to Blean Woods should sort that out, ( hope fully) :D

Maybe the Peacock will come here before the Hyacinths dies :lol: I've seen the Red Admiral, but it's been too quick for me :D

Isn't it great!! Spring has arrived :D Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I went to Clowes Wood this Morning couldn't stay long we were shopping has well, the wood is at" Chestfield" which isn't too far from Tankerton, it's quite big and is looked after by the Forest Commission, in fact they were at work there, it's unlike Blean Wood
the foot paths are much wider, myself, I much perfer Blean :D

I'd been there before and knew the Brimstone would be there, we hadn't gone very far when we saw a few Dandelions, when I say a few, I mean 3 :D . The Brimstone were flying and looking for flowers so we didn't need to move from that spot :D

I also saw 3 Speckled Wood that didn't stop so no shots of them, all told I saw 5 Brimstones and got shots of 3 so I went away happy :D

I plan to visit Blean woods tomorrow, I know the Peacocks like there , so hope fully I'll get some shots of them and the Speckie :D
Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5212.jpeg
IMG_5225.jpeg
IMG_5219.jpeg
IMG_5216.jpeg
trevor

Post by trevor »

Well done with the Brimstone Goldie, they're not easy !

Stay well,
Trevor.

Return to “Personal Diaries”