Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks David, :D I really thought the Moon looked like he was smiling at us , thinking " Crazy Humans" :D Goldie
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great smiley moon shot Goldie :D If those red lights were UFOs they probably did the equivalent of hand brake turn when they saw what was going on down here :shock:

Have a goodun and stay safe

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, that's what I feel like doing at present :( Hand brake on quick turn around, I thought everything was on for a removal but that's gone by the way side once again, sorry to say I'm now looking at flats, but my Garden idea's are going fast, not to worry my Daughter say's I'm okay here till I find what I want : Thank goodness it's not yet Spring :) Goldie :)
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I was going through some shots of the Small Tortoiseshell's I'd taken in my Garden before I left and came across this one, it doesn't seem to have the usual White markings on the wings, it's not the best shot, ( it was a hot day ) excuses :D I wondered if it was an ab, any one know? Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_4793.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking shot Goldie - something nice and bright on a cold/dull day! :D I reckon it's the light streaming through the wings that have masked the white markings on the wings, I do like these 'stained glass' shots 8)

Have a goodun and stay safe

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:36 pm...I wondered if it was an ab, any one know? Goldie
It's not striking me as anything unusual, Goldie, and the under-exposure makes the details of the wings rather harder to define.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks a lot Wurzel and David, I like looking back at the shots I took last Summer, hope fully I'll get more this year :D Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Not had much to post Lately, but looking outside tonight through the bedroom window of my Daughter's house ( still there , still looking, hoping Ernie will cough some thing up so that I can afford a better place :D :D ) I took these shots of the Sun setting,

I must admit I took them through the bedroom window ( too chilly outside, and lazy me inside :D )

February now, soon be Spring, fingers crossed I'll be looking out through different windows looking for Butterflies before long :D

I couldn't resist the planes criss crossing signs :D Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5089.jpeg
IMG_5093.jpeg
IMG_5091.jpeg
IMG_5090 (1).jpeg
IMG_5092.jpeg
IMG_5088 (1).jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Happy February! Lovely shots Goldie - there must be one very happy Shepherd this evening! :wink: :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:52 pm...February now, soon be Spring, fingers crossed I'll be looking out through different windows looking for Butterflies before long.
Indeed, Goldie, and the evenings are getting demonstrably longer. :)

I too will cross my fingers that you can find somewhere suitable, but you look to have a nice sea view, which isn't a bad temporary measure!
trevor

Post by trevor »

Keep your eye on South facing walls and fences. Your in the right
part of the Country for an early butterfly if this weather holds.

Love the colourful skies, keep well.
Trevor.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks for your posts Wurzel, David and Trevor, I'm hoping I find some thing soon but has you say David, the view's not too bad here :D
Can't say we haven't tried to find some where, we've just been unfortunate , it's been the same for the people we thought we were okay with, we'll have to press on regardless :D

The garden here is a Sun trap so if any thing arrives Trevor I'm sure to see it :D

Love your shots for the Calendars for Jan/Feb Wurzel, looking forward to the March one in particular :D Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I've been sent a photo from my Nephew,( he lives in Holland) I thought it funny and this time of year we usually need a Laugh :D
He got up one morning and peering into his balcony window was a European Heron :D at least that's what we think it is :D

I've just been into my Daughters GreenHouse planting my Begonias , every year I take them out of their pots in October cut the flowers off down to the corm, dry them out in front of my Radiator then wrap them in News paper when dry and store them away for another year, although I've not yet got a place of my own yet , I was determined to make a start :D

The carriers said I couldn't store plants so I brought them in the car :D ( a bag full) :D I was so pleased when I first looked at them this morning and they'd started sprouting, couldn't wait to plant them. :lol:
A shot of one hanging basket from last year Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_4496.jpeg
Amsterdam Heron.jpg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Crickey Goldie - a Grey Heron - that's one heck of a balcony garden tick :shock: 8) I reckon it's waiting for it's morning espresso and croissant :wink: Good luck with the continued house hunt - good things come to those that wait :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

That's an amazing sighting in such a location, Goldie. :shock: I thought it was an ornament when I first glanced at the photo. I wonder what attracted it to settle on someone's suburban balcony?

Great to know your plants have survived the winter. The growing season is upon us, with spring bulbs emerging daily. It's a promising time of year (let's hope this next storm doesn't do too much damage).
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel and David, talk about Spring arriving, I took shots yesterday of a February Rose and Tree blossom, today from the window I was taking shots of the Thames estuary during Storm Eunice :D Hope every ones okay .Goldie :D
Attachments
P1080717.jpeg
P1080715.jpeg
IMG_5101.jpeg
IMG_5095.jpeg
P1080732.jpeg
P1080730 (1).jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great to see the early flowers so hopefully the abysmal weather will be behind us soon - not long now til your first ever Grizzlie :D 8)

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I do hope so Wurzel, :D It's great to see the Daffodils out, the Blue Bells won't belong behind and Spring for me "Orange Tips " :D
Then my hunt begins for the Grizzly :D Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:31 am...Then my hunt begins for the Grizzly
So looking forward to you catching up with that one, Goldie.

Meantime, included with my Butterfly Conservation magazine the other day was a flyer for this soon to be published book. Maybe one you'd want to get your hands on?
PXL_20220226_153944446.jpg
PXL_20220226_154113480.jpg
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! David, I got a flyer has well, I can't find where I put the thing though :D I'll have to check all my books :D

Today I was amazed, I was sitting in my Daughters house wondering if I should have a wander out because the weather was so nice,
I happened to look into the garden and I saw this small Butterfly fly passed and land on the Blossom tree, I quickly grabbed my camera, went into the Garden and after trying to find it for ages thinking by the time I'd changed my shoes and put my coat on it had flown off the tree I was pleased to spot it, of all things a Small White :D It's made my day :D Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5164.jpeg
IMG_5153.jpeg
IMG_5117.jpeg
IMG_5116.jpeg

Return to “Personal Diaries”