Round your season off with a Camberwell Beauty?

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Trev Sawyer
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Round your season off with a Camberwell Beauty?

Post by Trev Sawyer »

I know it's a long shot, but according to the weather forecast, we are due an Easterly wind today...
Last year at the end of August, this led to a number of Camberwell Beauties making it over here from mainland Europe. I was one of the lucky ones who had one land in their gardens, so this thread is to encourage everyone to keep their eyes peeled. On the day in question, it had rained and been dull all day, but the butterfly appeared just as the sun came out right at the end of the day. Don't suppose it WILL happen again this year, but you never know :o
Just a thought anyway.

Trev
jellyang

Re: Round your season off with a Camberwell Beauty?

Post by jellyang »

That would be a perfect end to August !

To have one land in your garden must be extra special.
Lucky you.

Angie
wavelea1

Re: Round your season off with a Camberwell Beauty?

Post by wavelea1 »

Trev (& Angie)

I should be so lucky. Down in the south west this is going to be the longest October on record, started around the first week of July. I've never seen a Camberwell Beauty but I am a frequent visitor to north Norfolk - is there a best time of year?

This year actually started on a real high when we were in Cornwall in April at Kynance Cove. It was a glorious day and a single large tortoiseshell settled on the path about 3 metres from us. I was totally unprepared - no camera ready but it was a magic start to 2008.

We might get a indian summer yet!!!!

Wavelea1

Return to “General”