Large Heath - Favourite Photo 2019

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Week 9

So with Advent done the next stage is the tree up…or at least in the building. So sit down in the glow of fairy lights and think about the next set of Favourites.

Please could I ask that everyone waits until a topic has been opened by me for a particular species before posting photos as then it will be easier to keep track of things? Of course our overseas members are very welcome to fill in the obvious gaps relating to rare UK migrants. As in previous years details of locations, dates, times and circumstances would be welcome as would any accompanying stories and anecdotes or other observations of behaviour and interesting other points.

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Neil Freeman

Re: Large Heath - Favourite Photo 2019

Post by Neil Freeman »

I saw Large Heaths this year at Meathop Moss when we were up that way for a few days in early June. The weather was a mix of cloud and sunny spells and although I saw a good number of Large Heath, as is usually the case with this species, some patience was required for them to come close enough to the boardwalk for photos.
Large Heath - Meathop Moss 10.06.2019
We visited nearby Foulshaw Moss the following day but the weather had turned cooler and drizzly and no Large Heath were seen on that occasion.

Cheers,

Neil.
David M

Re: Large Heath - Favourite Photo 2019

Post by David M »

Very nice, Neil. This is one species I definitely won't see on the continent, so I must make an effort to spend time with them in the UK in 2020.

Return to “Large Heath”