Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Neil Freeman

Re: Goldie M

Post by Neil Freeman »

Some great photos from your garden recently Goldie, especially liking the colour combination of that that Red Admiral on the Rose :D

Cheers,

Neil.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks every one, it's been a pleasure just going into the Garden lately , I'll really miss the Butterflies when Winter arrives.

I was surprised when the Admiral landed on the Rose Wurzel and just in front of me has well :D Tha Rose is called "Peace" which I think just further adds to the shot. :D

Hi! David, these last couple of days I've not seen a Painted Lady in the Garden, still lots of Red Admiral's though and Increasing numbers of Small Torts, the weather here has been cooler in the morning and today there's a cold wind so I think the Painted Ladies may be waiting for the week-end when its warmer, ( so the forecast say) :D

Glad you like the Admiral on my Rose Neil, :D One swooped a round the same Rose this morning but the Rose was really faded so it changed it's mind :D I wonder if it was the same Admiral :lol:

Yesterday was a lovely day, today there's a cool breeze, it really feels like Autumn now, I saw another Comma yesterday and there seems to be more Large White's on the wing also Small Torts one even landed on my towel has I was hanging the washing out :lol:
There's still lots of Butterflies about, loads of RED Admirals but I've not seen any Painted Ladies for a Couple of days. Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_c886.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c87a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c87d.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c87e.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking shots Goldie :D It must have been wet up your way - even the butterflies are in need of a towelling down :wink: :lol:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, never thought of that! :lol:

The Butterflies have been trying to beat the weather here, we've had the Sun then the cloud would arrive and they'd head for cover, the only ones to hang in there were the Admiral's, I'd not seen a Painted Lady for four days, then yesterday I spotted one on my Neighbour's tree so I grabbed my camera. :D

I'm getting the same Butterflies each day but they're getting less every day except for the Small Tort's who are having a good season a round here with lot's of reports of them all over Lanc's :D Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_c8ae.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c8b1.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Good to hear (and see obviously) the Small tort having a good year up your way - they seem to be doing okay in Wiltshire as well and long may it last :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:...except for the Small Tort's who are having a good season a round here with lot's of reports of them all over Lanc's
Yes, same here too, Goldie. After such a paucity in spring I feared the worst, but they have bounced back admirably.
millerd

Post by millerd »

Nice shots of the Torties, Goldie. :) My eyes must be going - I thought I was looking at a bright blue variety of buddleia for a moment... and then Wurzel's comment made the penny drop. :oops: :lol: :)

Cheers,

Dave
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, the Small Tort's were copying the Red Admiral's last week by landing on the Rose's , I think they like to warm up on them before landing on the Buddleia. :D They've exchanged the Towel for the Rose. :lol:

Hi! David, we've had an abundance of Butterflies here, not just the Small Tort's but Admiral's and Painted Ladies, it's been quite an experience and I'm wondering if the hot Summer weather we had last year helped in any way :D

Hi! Neil, I think maybe I fooled that Small Tort with that Blue Towel as well!!!! :lol:

Well the weather was great until today!!!! we'd heavy showers and I heard the Thunder but it's settled now although still cloudy,
no Butterflies today but over the last few day's I took a few more shots of their antic's :D
Attachments
IMG_9384.jpg
IMG_9370.jpg
IMG_9381.jpg
IMG_9367.jpg
IMG_9354.jpg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great set of shots Goldie - especially like the Small Tort 'warming up' on the rose - brill! :D :mrgreen: I'm glad they've moved from the towel to the rose - I do't know what brand of washing powder you use but I'm sure the Rose is a bit more fragrant :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thank you Wurzel, it's been a pleasure these last few weeks,( in between the Sun and the rain) just watching the Butterflies in the garden, I hope I see a few more whilst in Kent, I've no transport though, every one's working so it could be hit and miss :D But the company will be good. :D Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

Lovely, Goldie. How do you get your butterflies to perch on such unusual things? :)
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! David, thanks for your post, glad you liked the butterflies and their antics :D

We've had a lot of rain but also some Sunshine so the Butterflies are still coming into the Garden, I'm off to Kent shortly so I don't think they'll still be about when I get back, so I've put a few more shots in my post, the Red Admiral took off when I was taking the shot :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_c928.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c927.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c929.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_c92c.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely shots again Goldie - I really like the Red Admiral in flight :D 8) I hope you have a great time on Kent - good luck searching for LTBs :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Safe journey down to Kent, Goldie. I hope the weather hasn't taken its toll too badly and that there may be a few 'exotics' awaiting you maybe. :)
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel and David, sorry it's taken so long to reply, but since I came to Kent, ( it started on the Monday )I've had a bad chest infection and spent most of my time inside the house and in bed, trust me :D I'm feeling much better now but I think Butterfly hunting as gone for this year, mind you the weather has been bad except for one or two days which made me feel a bit better about it :D

I think that this week has just put the last year into prospective for me UGH! :D

Looking on the bright side, I've seen some lovely Butterflies in my Garden, caught my first sighting of a Humming Bird Hawk Moth and a fairly good shot for once of Silver Y moth, I also enjoyed taking my first decent shots of a Wall whilst stumbling about on a crutch getting some odd looks :lol:

I don't think I'll ever get used to loosing my partner but life goes on and I must with it. Goldie
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Sorry to hear that you weren't well Goldie :? The thing with butterflies is that you never know when they'll turn up - it only takes a little bit of sun so you might still be able to pick a few more up before the 2019 season is finally over :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:...I think that this week has just put the last year into prospective for me UGH!
Yes, I believe that might well sum things up, Goldie. You’ve had such a dreadful time these last few months. Surely you’re due a bit of good fortune very soon? Life can be wonderful and cruel in equal measure, but I think the cruel element needs to release its grip now.

I wish you a speedy and full recovery, although, as you say, it might be next year before the butterflies are back. Things are looking just as dismal round my way too. I’ve seen just two Whites and a Small Tortoiseshell in the last fortnight!!! Roll on next spring!
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel and David,
It was good to hear from you :D sorry I sounded so morbid in my last post, one of those senior moments feeling sorry for one's self :D
Since then, today, I went to see a film at the Cinema with my Daughter, I thought I'd cough a lot, my Daughter said "she'd help to throw me out ",if I did. Ha! Ha! some family :lol: After the film she took me to this French Cafe, she knows I love French Onion Soup and it was great melted cheese has well :lol: It did me so much good, even though I felt like death warmed up :lol:

I'm nearly back to normal maybe next week will be better before I go home, I thought I'd put a few shots in taken Of my front garden this time just get in the mood for a better year to come :D Goldie :D PS I love Roses :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_bc52.jpeg
IMG_6301.jpg
IMG_6300.jpg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

"PS I love Roses :D" - looking at those photos I'd never have guessed this Goldie :wink: :lol: Your garden looks stunning Goldie 8) :mrgreen: Good to hear you're getting back on track, the French Onion soup sounded delicious :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
millerd

Post by millerd »

Wow - I can see why the butterflies love your garden, Goldie! A beautiful display of colour. :)

Cheers,

Dave

Return to “Personal Diaries”