Exif Data

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
bugmadmark

Exif Data

Post by bugmadmark »

As a newbie to UK Butterflies, I am so enjoying looking at the work of some very talented photographers and trying to work out how they did it in the hope I can produce my own collection! Yesterday, I registered with the Flickr web site and discovered that when you click on the photos, you can see the Exif data that accompanies the file and tells you all the technical capture details such as aperture, shutter speed, lens focal length, flash etc. Is it possible to see Exif data from photos uploaded onto this site?

BW
Mark
Rogerdodge

Re: Exif Data

Post by Rogerdodge »

[url][http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/index.html/url]
Takes you to a free download for the Exif Viewr.
Just right click on any photograph, and 90% will show you full EXIF.
HTH
Roger
Cheers

Roger
eccles

Post by eccles »

What a great little program. Thanks Roger!
Rogerdodge

Post by Rogerdodge »

Pleasure - if we can't help one another on our weary passage through life, what is it all about?
Cheers
Roger
Cheers

Roger
bugmadmark

Post by bugmadmark »

Roger - thanks for this - very clever bit of software. Just right click on any photo on web page, select exif and if the info is there it shows it! I found the link you gave above didnt work - but got to it from here http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/. If you use Firefox as browser - you may need to go into programs and click on Opanda and install for firefox.

For anyone else considering installing it - it's freeware, but half way through installer it gives you option to install demo professional version - I just closed the installer window at that point as I could see that the freeware was already installed in Programs, although for some it may well be a useful tool!

Thanks for sharing this info.

Mark
bugmadmark

Post by bugmadmark »

Actually - having tried it on a number of images - quite a few say no Exif - and images in photo gallerys say its not supported - I wonder why's this is? I can see lots of data disappears if image is enhanced in photoshop etc but some just have no data at all?
Mark
eccles

Post by eccles »

I also found that one or two programs wouldn't display jpgs by double clicking on them that they had done before installing the exif program. For some reason installing the program removes the default windows picture viewer from jpg attributes. I went into properties on a jpg file and added the viewer again and it's fine now.

Return to “Photography”