Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Katrina

Re: Goldie M

Post by Katrina »

Your large skipper and beautiful demoiselle shots have just brightened up a rather dull day for me :D :D :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Katrina, Glad I brightened your day :D

I was in the Garden a couple of days ago, the Sun came out in-between the showers, the Boules Mauve was covered in Bee's but no Butterflies appeared, I took a couple of shots and one shot in particular made me smile,( the Bee in the shot ) it looked at me
has much has to say we're fed up with the weather too. :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_bb01.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_bb03.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely shots Goldie :D I use the Bees as a marker - after the Bees a degree C or more and the butterflies won't be far behind! :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Finger's crossed Wurzel!!! :D The forecast for us isn't too good for the next few days :roll: Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

I can sense your frustration, Goldie, if you're having to resort to photographing bees on your bowles mauve!!

Just when will this dreary spell end? :(
ernie f

Post by ernie f »

Hi, Goldie

Horrible weather but glad to see you are making the most of it. I actually went out in drizzle the other day to find butterflies!!!

I know its not butterflies but it was nice to see a picture of Scotney Castle in your PD - one of my all time favourite places in England.
Ernie F
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! David, we've had a few more showers here but also two days of Sunshine with cloud covering which I hoped would bring some Butterflies but none have appeared :roll: Any way hope fully the next couple of days seem to have a good forecast so I'll be on the look out :D

Hi! ernie, I really enjoyed myself at Scotney Castle, the weather that day was perfect, it was the last time I saw any Butterflies as well which was the 6th of June , so you've an Idea what the weathers been like here :roll: hope fully the next few days will be better :D Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

At last! After quite a few frustrating weeks with my foot and not being able to get out with the weather having been so bad incase I did any thing to make it worse, I took the Bull by the horns and walked in the Sunshine to Hall-Lee-Brook on Wednesday :D

I must say thank you Pauline for the phone call that lifted me out of my Rut :D

I didn't see much activity but I did see a Meadow Brown, a Large Skipper and a Speckie :D My photo's I'm afraid suffered because with the Boot on I can't get the balance I need, ( talk about Long John Silver ) :lol: The grass was very high and the Meadow Brown played hard to get. :D

Yesterday I didn't go out but stayed in the Garden, I didn't expect to see much with only seeing the three species at HLB but has I was sat enjoying an Ice Cream cone :D this white Butterfly which I thought at first was a Large White landed on my Boules Mauve,
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it was a Brimstone :D tired looking but happy. :lol:

Later in the afternoon Three Painted Ladies paused but not long enough for any shots but later one did land together with a Small Tortoiseshell , It was a toss up which to go for :D The Painted Lady won, you don't see too many of those was my thinking.

Sadly the Painted Lady was in rather bad condition but was still very active, being the first Id seen since last year I'm still keeping the shot :D I'm hoping I see some more today although it's really windy here. Needless to say I missed the small Tort :roll:

Any way fingers crossed this weather keeps up for a while. :D Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_bb6a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_bb85.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_bb8c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_bb87.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_bb81.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_bb89.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_bb8b.jpeg
David M

Post by David M »

Glad to see things are finally improving, Goldie. I was starting to get worried about you!

Nice to see a Brimstone in late June. I guess she's almost a year old now.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! David, thanks for your post, I've certainly had my moments lately :( It's surprising how the sight of Butterflies can cheer you up :D
I was amazed when I saw the Brimstone, it made my day :D Goldie :D
Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Hey Goldie - a Painted Lady in your garden!!! :mrgreen: I've seen quite a few about but haven't had one in the garden yet :( . Great to see you posting again :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I reckon that you made the right call Goldie great shots of the Painted Lady :D Great to see you adventuring forth again, Long Jean Goldie :wink: 8) :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Good to see you catching up with some butterflies Goldie, nothing better to lift the spirits :D

Cheers,

Neil.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Pauline, I was lucky with that one PL, although it was a bit worse for wear, I'd seen two land before that and take off right a way they were in good condition but no shots they were too quick for me. :D

Hi! Wurzel, I've tried a day without the boot but in the end had to put it on for walking distances :roll: not seen any Butterflies since, one day it was too hot, since then we've had loads of clouds and some rain, fingers crossed this wind will die down soon. :D

Hi! Neil, That's what I need a good dose of Butterflies, my Buddleia's are nearly out and my Boules Mauve nearly at it's best, all I need now is less wind and more Sun :lol: Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lots of clouds today until about 3pm and then when the Sun came through it was lovely and warm , still quite Breezy though, the Butterflies started to arrive in the Garden then, first a couple of Green Veined Whites then another Painted Lady which I missed :roll: ( too quick for me ,) then a Lovely fresh Small Tortoiseshell which I patiently followed round :lol:
I hope tomorrow brings in more :D

I couldn't resist putting the Coal Tit shot in Sun Bathing after a wash :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_bbba.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_bbb3.jpeg
IMG_6203.jpg
fullsizeoutput_bbb4.jpeg
IMG_6194.jpg
fullsizeoutput_bbb7.jpeg
Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Unusual shot of the bird M. - think it might be a Great Tit.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking shot of the Great Tit Goldie - it looks like it's finding it all a bit too warm :shock: :lol: I was like that the other day - just gave up moving as it was far too hot :D Good to see the butterflies in your post :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! pauline and Wurzel, I thought it was a Coal Tit because of the white patch on it's neck ,looking at my other shot your probably both right, the other bird is much smaller, I thought it was a young Coal Tit :lol: :oops:
It's looking at the bigger bird has much as to say "what on earth are you doing" :lol: there's just so many birds about they're mixing me up :lol: doesn't take much these days :D Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_bbb9.jpeg
ernie f

Post by ernie f »

Goldie - Just love your sunbathing bird. Hope it remembered to put on its "Factor 50". :lol:
Ernie F
Janet Turnbull

Post by Janet Turnbull »

Hi Goldie, your sunbathing tit picture is priceless! :lol:
Janet

Return to “Personal Diaries”