To frame or not to frame

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
sonomoha

To frame or not to frame

Post by sonomoha »

Hey all,
it has been suggested to me to put a virtual frame around my butterfly photos instead of having them posted as they are. I must admit the person who made this suggestion knows I loathe the idea of putting frames on photos. I find frames a bit distracting :lol: :lol: . Or found, because now I am trying to use them and it appears that it's ok when frames are designed so they would be a distraction from the content. For now, I just experimented with the marbled white, with a preference for the white frame. Another thing that comes in handy with the frame, here my friend was good at convincing me, is I don't need to re-write over and again the name of the species every time I post the post the same photo on various places. I just use the space on the frame for this.
What about you: frame or frame not.
KAB_0303.jpg
KAB_0283.jpg
KAB_0543.png
KAB_0519-3.png
I can't name many of them but it relaxes me to take photos of butterflies and moths :lol: :lol:
Please drop me an email for photo walks. Here are my online galleries: FlickR ; Instagram ; 500px
Jack Harrison

Re: To frame or not to frame

Post by Jack Harrison »

If you are planning to print and hang on the wall, then maybe yes. But not on a forum such as this unless for a very special reason.

Jack
David M

Post by David M »

Jack Harrison wrote:If you are planning to print and hang on the wall, then maybe yes. But not on a forum such as this unless for a very special reason.
Yes, Jack. We UKB-ers are happy just to see the image, rather than the artistic enhancement.

Your images are excellent, sonomoha, so save yourself time by presenting them au naturel. :)
MikeOxon

Post by MikeOxon »

I agree with the other comments and would also note that you can use 'cut and paste' to add the same information to several photos - something I frequently use when adding file comments.

Mike
sonomoha

Post by sonomoha »

Thank you very much to all 3 for the valuable input.
David M wrote: We UKB-ers are happy just to see the image, rather than the artistic enhancement.
Your images are excellent, sonomoha, so save yourself time by presenting them au naturel. :)
Enhancements are some dark place one ends up in when bored in the waiting for clear weather and butterflies. Happens to me a lot :lol: :lol:
I can't name many of them but it relaxes me to take photos of butterflies and moths :lol: :lol:
Please drop me an email for photo walks. Here are my online galleries: FlickR ; Instagram ; 500px
David M

Post by David M »

sonomoha wrote:..Enhancements are some dark place one ends up in when bored in the waiting for clear weather and butterflies. Happens to me a lot
That's a good summary, sonomoha.

We all tinker with our images, but if I have to spend more than 30 seconds doing so then it isn't worth it.

Return to “Photography”