Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: Goldie M

Post by Wurzel »

I too am sorry that you you didn't get your Grizzlie Goldie but hen you always have to leave something for the next time :wink: :D Those Brimstones and the Fox will have made up for it though :D Safe journey back!

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Well! I finally made it home but the 11am train from Euston didn't leave the station until 11. 45am, we were all sat on the train
waiting, at least we were comfortable :D
My Garden's gone berserk in the month I've been a way, I don't think even the Butterflies will find the plants :roll:
I've got a Gardener coming to sort it out for me on Monday, I can't do much at present, so the Butterflies will have to wait a while. :D

Thanks Allan for your post, if I don't see any when I go to Eastbourne I'll take you up on that next year :D

The Fox was a nice surprise Pauline, I was amazed that it actually stopped and looked at me and that it didn't run off, just trotted a way slowly. :D

Thanks Wurzel, hope fully I may have a second chance in a couple of weeks :D At least I'm back home in one piece. :D Goldie :D
millerd

Post by millerd »

Some very photogenic Brimstones there, Goldie! They are really tricky to approach and shots on bluebells provide a great contrast. :)

Good to see you made it home okay as well.

Cheers,

Dave
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:...My Garden's gone berserk in the month I've been a way, I don't think even the Butterflies will find the plants :roll:
I've got a Gardener coming to sort it out for me on Monday, I can't do much at present, so the Butterflies will have to wait a while.
Yes, those plants have had all they need to grow like triffids these last few weeks, Goldie....rain, sun, warmth; a bit of everything.

Glad to know you got back safely and hopefully all will be back a little bit like normal quite soon.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks for your posts Dave and David, :D it's so good to be home although I'll miss all the family, the neighbours have already been round to see how I am so I've got lots of support here has well :D

The weather today was sunny yet cloudy at first, then it was really warm and I had my lunch in the garden under cloudless sky's :D
I was surprised when a Small White appeared, with only having seen one Butterfly in my Daughter's garden all the time I was there to see one my first day of being in my garden well!!! I was amazed. :D

The gardener couldn't get here today so I went round doing a bit here and there that's when I saw the Holly Blue, which of course flew on as usual right through the garden :D but then another one arrived and landed on the leaves of my bush, I got my camera which I keep just by the open door :D

At first it had closed wings then it started to open them slowly to catch the Sun, trouble was it was rather breezy and the poor thing was blown a bit from side to side ( not too good for taking shots) :roll: I noticed also that it was rather worn but who cares I'd finally got a shot of a Holly Blue in the garden :D
Later I was ready for going in when this Green Veined White popped over the fence :D for my first day in the Garden it was icing on the cake :D Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5762.jpg
IMG_5759.jpg
IMG_5790.jpg
IMG_5777.jpg
IMG_5772.jpg
Green Veined White 20th May 2019.jpg
IMG_5805.jpg
David M

Post by David M »

What a welcome home for you, Goldie! :)

I can see why they visit; you have so many irresistible purple blooms for them.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely shots Goldie especially the Holly Blue - looks like you've got the knack of Holly Blue whispering now too :wink: :mrgreen: Looking at the marvelous selection of blooms I reckon your garden is bringing in butterflies from all around :D 8)

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many thanks David and Wurzel, there was quite a cool breeze today so although I saw some Butterflies they never settled in the garden, there was also too many large clouds which covered everything and then it was quite cold, can't grumble though the Gardner turned up to help me :D Goldie :D
Pauline

Post by Pauline »

You're doing a whole lot better than me Goldie! I had 2 Holly Blues in the garden and didn't manage a shot of either of them, and well, you've seen the shot of my GVW!.....................
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Pauline, I'll swop you the Holly Blue to see the Duke and some Wood Whites :D

Today was a lovely day, I did the jobs I had to do then spent the rest of the day in my Garden.

I saw a couple of Small White's but it was the antic's of the Birds and Bee's that caught my eye. :D

The garden was full of Bee's both large and small, one was huge, I tried to get a shot of it but it was never still, in and out of the Cornflowers all the time has was all the others :D

My local Blackbird was in full throat singing for the Grapes I throw him when I'm in the Garden :D Talk about "singing for your supper" :D

The Robin was funny ,I've never seen a look like that on a bird before, he'd just bathed :D well !! I hope he had or he's in a bad way :lol: I think the first and second shots may be the Robin but what ever bird he was singing his head off on next door's roof, then I saw the Robin in my garden, bedraggled and thought it must be the same Bird :D It was certainly an interesting afternoon :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_b996.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b997.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b9a3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b995.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b993.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b98e.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b99e.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Your 'Pop Idol' entrant is a male Chaffinch, singing the bird equivalent of Barry White probably :lol: Great shots especially the last one of the Small White - that's lush that is :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, so much for Bird ID :lol: They both looked rough! :D Glad you liked the Small White, it would be good to see more Butterflies though. :roll:
I walked into Town today got my hair done the Hair Dresser couldn't believe it was me i'd so much hair to cut :lol: one more week and I'm off South again :D Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

These poor, spoiled birds must be bereft when you go away, Goldie. :)

Perhaps that's why they're out in force - they're glad to have you back!
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel and David, Thanks for your posts, it's been raining hard today here but now it's Sunny again but very windy and much cooler, no Butterflies I'm a afraid but some Gold Finches are back in the Garden and another bird I think maybe a Warbler, knowing me I could be wrong :D Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_b9af.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b9b3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b9b2.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely shots of the Sparrow and Goldfinch Goldie, that Sparrow is right stuffing it's face - just like me with...well pretty much anything :lol: Hope you can get some butterflies soon. :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, another bird I got wrong :oops: :lol: I've not seen many Sparrows a round here and I was going with the yellow mark across the top side of it's head, when I looked in my book it looked similar to a Warbler :D
The weather has to be bad all week but the week-end looks really good also next week when I'm on Holiday the weather looks great in Eastbourne.
I should get the all clear from the Hospital tomorrow and I'll be able to drive( hope fully) so before I go a way I'll visit a few places
and see if I can bag a few more shots before I go on my Hol's. :D Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:I should get the all clear from the Hospital tomorrow and I'll be able to drive( hope fully) so before I go a way I'll visit a few places
and see if I can bag a few more shots before I go on my Hol's
Good luck with that, Goldie. Fingers crossed you'll be signed off and free to travel! :)
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Don't worry about the bird IDs Goldie - I've made plenty of even worse IDs myself :oops: :D Of course the weather is going to be great next week - it's not half term then :roll: :? I'm sure you'll be rolling in the butterflies soon :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel and David, not good news I'm afraid, the Doctor wasn't happy with how the foots healing, ( sounds like I've done a bit too much, too soon) I've now been issued with a boot :roll: I've to keep it on another month and can't drive!!! :shock:

Any way I'm still going on the Holiday, I'll just keep steady and not do too much walking!!!! That'll be the day :lol: If any body knows where in Eastbourne I can see Butterflies and not walk too far please let me know :D
I'm not disheartened, I've been waiting for the third thing to happen and hope fully that's it now, that's life. Goldie :D
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Goldie M wrote:Hi! Wurzel and David, not good news I'm afraid, the Doctor wasn't happy with how the foots healing, ( sounds like I've done a bit too much, too soon) I've now been issued with a boot :roll: I've to keep it on another month and can't drive!!! :shock:

Any way I'm still going on the Holiday, I'll just keep steady and not do too much walking!!!! That'll be the day :lol: If any body knows where in Eastbourne I can see Butterflies and not walk too far please let me know :D
I'm not disheartened, I've been waiting for the third thing to happen and hope fully that's it now, that's life. Goldie :D
Hi Goldie, sorry to hear about your foot :?. I'm a fairly regular visitor to Eastbourne, walking along the seafront westwards from the pier and onto the South Downs proper close to Beachy Head. The seafront is well planted with flowers that attract a wide variety of insects and there's always a chance of some hungry migrants stopping off to feed upon landfall (there's also ample seats if you need to rest your foot!). The area between where Eastbourne ends at Holywell and a playing field is relatively flat and here I often find Blues, Dingies and the occasional Grizzlie amongst other things.

I hope that's useful and I hope your foot gets better soon :)
Some addictions are good for the soul!

Return to “Personal Diaries”