July 10th > Onwards

Discussion forum for sightings.
Neil Hulme

Re: July 10th > Onwards

Post by Neil Hulme »

It's true I'm a nutter, a big nutter, quite capable of scaring all the other nutters off the hill! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Susie

Post by Susie »

As far as Purple Emperors are concerned you are a complete fruit-loop, Neil, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. :lol: You have always been a perfect gentleman and I would be quite happy butterflying anywhere in your company.
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Fiona,
Welcome to the site. Hope the filming is going OK. I'm assuming you're the Fiona Barclay I know - if not, I'm going to look like an even bigger nutter! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Neil
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Awe thanks Susie,
But just because I told you that I was going to make a seat out of a plank of wood, and sit in that tree beside the sap run all day, doesn't make me a fruit-loop! (my doctor said so). :D
Neil
wavelea1

Post by wavelea1 »

Jellyang

We were in Holkham on the 13th - as you looking for White-letter Hairstreaks but it was too windy - did we meet?

Wavelea1 ( and wife)
fbarclay

Post by fbarclay »

Sussex Kipper wrote:Hi Fiona,
Welcome to the site. Hope the filming is going OK. I'm assuming you're the Fiona Barclay I know - if not, I'm going to look like an even bigger nutter! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Neil
Yes it's me - bagged Lulworth Skippers on Monday - and there's a DVD in prep for you, Jack and Matthew of the infamous Kirkton trouserleg emperor incident. :D If Ian Kirkton's out there - if you email me your address I shall send one to you too.

We think we managed to capture about 10 secs of the valezina too! Fingers crossed.

Fiona
Fiona
eccles

Post by eccles »

Finally got to processing some of Sunday's Clanger Wood pics. This was my target species so I'm well chuffed. :)
Sony A700, 70-210 F4 'Beercan' lens, 1/500 f8, iso640, pattern metering, hand held, natural light.
DSC00838.jpg
DSC00838.jpg (134.17 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Annie

Post by Annie »

A couple of Large White in my yard at work today, and also a Red Admiral which flew into reception and then straight back out again

We're inundated with flying ants right now - in my hair and everywhere!
sahikmet

Post by sahikmet »

We appear to also have flying ant since last night. They olnly appear every few years, and gone for 3 to 5 yeras. Does anyone shed any light on this ?
Susie

Post by Susie »

Large, small and green veined white in my back garden today, together with meadow brown and gatekeeper.
m_galathea

Post by m_galathea »

Had great fun today at Ebernoe Common, Sussex. In total I saw thirteen species of butterfly:
Brimstones,
a Comma,
Essex/Small Skippers,
many Gatekeepers,
even more Meadow Browns,
Large Whites,
a Marbled White,
Peacocks,
a Red Admiral,
Ringlets,
a Speckled Wood,
quite a few Silver Washed Fritillaries - The most at once was five all chasing one another in an orange ball(!)
and a butterfly I've looked for in three locations this year, the Purple Emperor. This was a female spotted twice, twenty minutes apart, occasionally settling on sallows - cool!
Other interesting species included a Spotted Flycatcher and Helleborines.

Heres some Honeysuckle that I spotted, no White Admirals to go with it though:

Large version

AH
Shirley Roulston

Post by Shirley Roulston »

To-day was very hot at Nefyn and I went onto the golf course at Nefyn, there were lots of butterflies around mostly the common ones, Meadow Browns, Ringlets, Small Skippers, two Small Coppers and one rather nice Common Blue which I took loads of photos, it really was a bobby dazzler. Later at home I saw this Red Admiral. We are also having trouble with flying ants.
100_6634.jpg
100_6634.jpg (136.01 KiB) Viewed 806 times
100_6687.jpg
100_6687.jpg (90.97 KiB) Viewed 806 times

Return to “Sightings”