Mountain Ringlet - Favourite Photo of 2018

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Week 11

Sorry for the late posting I was at the Panto; "Oh no I wasn't, Oh yes I was!" :D There's only two days now until the obese male pensioner in the red suit commits reverse burglary so to one and all; Have a Happy Christmas! :D

Please could I ask that everyone waits until a topic has been opened by me for a particular species before posting photos as then it will be easier to keep track of things? Of course our overseas members are very welcome to fill in the obvious gaps relating to rare UK migrants. As in previous years details of locations, dates, times and circumstances would be welcome as would any accompanying stories and anecdotes or other observations of behaviour and interesting other points.

Have a goodun

Wurzel
bugboy

Re: Mountain Ringlet - Favourite Photo of 2018

Post by bugboy »

This little chap was extremely accommodating to me which made the end of my quest all the more satisfying, finding him at the end of his flight season with the help of CallumMac's directions.
Mountain Ringlet male, High Raise, Cumbria.JPG
Some addictions are good for the soul!
David M

Post by David M »

Nice to see the UK version on here, BB. That's an unusually co-operative pose for this species too.

Well done.
CallumMac

Post by CallumMac »

I went up Irton Fell, and over the top to Whinrigg and Illgill Head, on 7th June with my parents and a couple of colleagues. A beautiful sunny day with clear views and Mountain Ringlets by the thousand!

I know some people object to "butterfly on the finger" photos. However, in this instance, the butterfly landed entirely of its own accord, first on my leg and then on my left hand, to drink my sweat (mmm, delicious :lol: ). Lucky it was the left, so that my right was free to work the camera!
IMG_7176.JPG

Return to “Mountain Ringlet”