Katrina

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
trevor

Re: Katrina

Post by trevor »

Just seen your pair of Brown Argus, a lucky, lovely shot.

Keep well,
Trevor.

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
David M

Post by David M »

Mill Hill might as well be in another country!! TWO Brown Argus…and both fresh-looking as well. If only I could pop in for an hour or two….

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks Trevor and David, a lucky shot and lucky I am not too far away from Mill Hill.

Katrina

Bugboys eggs

Post by Katrina »

I went to Southwick this morning and bumped into Paul and later Trevor. I saw Clouded Yellows including a Helice form , a Common Blue, a Small White and a Red Admiral. The highlight was Paul finding 2 Clouded Yellow Eggs.
Paul and I went on to Mill Hill, although I could only stay for a short time I saw a Wall Brown, a Small Copper , some Common Blues including a very fresh one, Red Admirals, Brown Argus and a Meadow Brown.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_2516.jpeg

trevor

Post by trevor »

Well done with your Clouded Yellow egg image.
After you and Paul left, I found another egg, but neither are as well focussed as yours.
Photography was tricky today, with the Cloudies very active in the warmth.

Good to see you both again,
Trevor.

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Good to see you again Katrina and thanks for the lift to Mill Hill. It'll be a few days before I get round to posting my images though, I have Wurzel syndrome again :lol: , a few reports behind.

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking shot of the Cloudy egg Katrina :D :mrgreen: Hopefully the Arctic Blast won't knock off the remaining butterflies...

Have a goodun

Wurzel

David M

Post by David M »

Fabulous to find Clouded Yellow eggs, as well as a helice, Katrina. I wonder if the latter laid the former?

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks Trevor, that was the only good shot of the egg.
Thanks Wurzel, I hope some survive too.
Good to see you too Paul, and thanks for finding the egg, I think I didn’t spot it as I was looking for something bigger.
Thanks David, it was not the helice that laid the egg.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Yesterday I went to Mill Hill with some friends and saw several Common Blues including a really fresh one, a Clouded Yellow and later it was a pleasure to see Bugboy.
Today I went to Lancing Beach to look for Bugboy's Large White pupa. I left it a bit late in the day but located it - very beautiful and thanks again Paul.
I only found that one although was racing against fading light. I also saw one caterpillar.
Attachments
DSC05528.JPG
DSC05452.JPG
fullsizeoutput_2520.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_2529.jpeg
DSC05542.JPG
fullsizeoutput_2530.jpeg

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Good to see you again Katrina and I'm glad you found my pupae, they are deceptively attractive aren't they :)

David M

Post by David M »

Those pupae are beautiful, natural works of art, Katrina. So glad you got to see them, and hopefully a few will go on to complete the cycle in spring 2019.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks David , only saw the one but took lots of photos.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

I spent half an hour at Southwick Canal approx 2.30 - 3 . No butterflies seen but a brief sighting of a Kingfisher.
One Peacock seen flying on the way back to the garage.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_25a4.jpeg

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

That kingfisher better watch out, that looks like Bob the Egrets perch :lol:

David M

Post by David M »

bugboy wrote:That kingfisher better watch out, that looks like Bob the Egrets perch :lol:
LOL! :) Bloomin' cheek! :D

Katrina

Abbots Wood

Post by Katrina »

I went to Abbots wood today and had the good fortune to run into Mike Mullis, Theresa Turner and especially Gary Norman who had sight of a resting PBF on my arrival.
He later found some more resting ones (may thanks Gary)
Later on in the brief episodes of sun there were some more zooming around. I was particularly pleased I later found a resting one myself.
Attachments
Garys Welcoming PBF
Garys Welcoming PBF
Another of Garys PBF
Another of Garys PBF
Whats that?
Whats that?
PBF spotted by me
PBF spotted by me
Blending In
Blending In
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking set of Pearls Katrina :D The first one looks a little melanic :D You'd have thought that the one trying to blend in would have done something about his antennae :roll: :wink:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Lovely shots Katrina, I was there on Saturday morning, had the place completely to myself apart from the dozen or so Pearls :).
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks Wurzel, you would think he would tuck them in.
Thanks Bugboy , I made a brief visit to Rewell on Saturday but too late to see anything and just after a heavy shower.

Return to “Personal Diaries”