September 2018

Discussion forum for sightings.
Testudo Man

Re: September 2018

Post by Testudo Man »

Jack Harrison wrote:I have been off line for nearly three weeks with some unknown access problem. Pete did his best to diagnose but without success. Suddenly for no obvious reason, it's working again today.

So back to the Tortoiseshell in my car.
Hmmmmmmmmm...looks like air/heat venting for a Volvo? :roll:
I have only ever seen a Volvo from the outside :P I have a very ordinary Skoda (aka VW Up!)

Jack
Oh well, it was worth a guess!

If you havent been/seen inside a Volvo Jack.........................then you havent lived :lol: :lol:
I have a soft spot for old Volvos, as in - pre 2000 cars :roll:
Testudo Man

Post by Testudo Man »

Allan.W. wrote:A lovely set of images Paul! Excellent Adonis pairing,nicely illustrating the variation in size we,ve all been finding this Season.
As for the other pair you found,you may have been lucky enough to stumble across the paring which produces the ultra rare (naturally occurring) hybrid between Adonis/Chalkhill AB;Polonus (see pics in AB section )
You,ll have to keep your eyes peeled next spring !...…….. You never Know ,you may get lucky !!
Thanks for Comments David (re;Adonis ),must admit I,ve only seen Adonis on Blackberries on a couple of occasions ,these particular males ,seemed to be using them as prominent perches as opposed to feeding from them .
I believe theres a shot of an Adonis( on Blacberries) on the species specific section ,one of my favourite pictures actually ! can,t recall who posted it.
Regards Allan.W.
Cheers for the comment Allan, an sorry for the delay in replying to you :oops:
I will keep my eyes peeled next year/season for possible hybrids.
Thanks Paul.
Testudo Man

Post by Testudo Man »

David M wrote:There have been some great summer brood Adonis images on here and these are definitely amongst the best, TM.
Thanks for the compliments David, ive put a bit of extra effort in my butterfly images this year/season.
Also, sorry for the late reply :oops:
Cheers Paul.

PS. I finally captured a Clouded Yellow image back on the 15/9/18...after 3 weekends at the same location(chasing the swines!).
15th-September-2018-to-700b.jpg
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

Testudo Man: PS. I finally captured a Clouded Yellow image back on the 15/9/18...after 3 weekends at the same location.
Luckily you managed to photograph Clouded Yellow this year. Presumably they won't be allowed here in 2019 after Brexit.

Jack
Testudo Man

Post by Testudo Man »

Jack Harrison wrote:
Testudo Man: PS. I finally captured a Clouded Yellow image back on the 15/9/18...after 3 weekends at the same location.
Luckily you managed to photograph Clouded Yellow this year. Presumably they won't be allowed here in 2019 after Brexit.

Jack

:lol: :roll: ...Probably best not to talk Brexit/Politics on this Forum mate :wink:
David M

Post by David M »

Well captured, TM. The colours on that Cloudie are exceptionally vivid.

Return to “Sightings”