Painted Lady

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Birder21

Painted Lady

Post by Birder21 »

This was taken earlier in a friends garden. Any constructive criticism would be welcomeImage
Ian Hardy
Oy

Post by Oy »

It has the potential to be a nice image - however at that size it's soft and hard to see. It'd be much better at maybe 800px wide.
Take nothing but photographs. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time.
Martin

Post by Martin »

I think the flower is in focus, and the butterfly is slightly back from that. Hadyou leaned forward half an inch when the shutter went off, or increased the DoF it would have been a belter. HTH.

Martin.
Oy

Post by Oy »

Here's a quick resize, crop & sharpen.

Take nothing but photographs. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Nice, yes it would be nice if the whole thing was pin-sharp, but the main thing is you have the eye nice and sharp and pretty much all but the wing tips is in focus.

No distracting bachground, position in the frame makes a big difference, as you can see from Oy's crop!

I would be happy with it, especially since I very rarely see them this far up north!
Wayne
Birder21

Re: Painted Lady

Post by Birder21 »

Thanks for the comments.

Ian
Ian Hardy
David M

Re: Painted Lady

Post by David M »

I can't see anything except an 'Image not available' message.

Return to “Photography”