Monopod

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Dave McCormick

Monopod

Post by Dave McCormick »

I am looking to get a good monopod if I can. I have noticed the limitations that a tripod can have. I don't want to spend too much, anything under £60-70. Any ideas? Just want it for my 400D and sigma 105mm to support it.
Cheers all,
My Website: My new website: http://daveslepidoptera.com/ - Last Update: 11/10/2011
My Nature videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/DynamixWarePro
Rogerdodge

Re: Monopod

Post by Rogerdodge »

Dave

Manfrotto 679B - lightish, and only 3 sections, very sturdy. £35 E-Bay, £33 Warehouseexpress.co.uk
Manfrotto 234RC Monopod Head - quick release, and very versatile. £28 E-Bay, and Warehouseexpress.co.uk

You could spend a lot more and go for Carbon Fibre - but I am not convinced that the weight saving is significant.

Roger
Cheers

Roger
Shirley Roulston

Post by Shirley Roulston »

I have just bought one from Argos I think £14, and its not rubbish, carbon shaft and very strong. Just the ticket I think.
Will

Post by Will »

You dont really have to spend much on the monopod, spend it instead on a really good head. I use a lightweight Velbon 4000 UP (Unipod), £19.99 from morrisphoto in a fetching gold finish! I use a Manfrotto 222 Pistol Grip Head, £77 from Amazon. This head turns a cheap monopod into a very useable tool. Some carbon pods and the latest Neotec alone would cost more, and perform no better than that combo.
Will
Hamearis

Post by Hamearis »

Beware of cheapo monpod.
They telescope up when loaded.
Thats why their cheap.
Hamearis

Return to “Photography”