Relationships

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
Jack Harrison

Relationships

Post by Jack Harrison »

Have any serious inter-human relationship ever flourished as a result of contacts made on internet wildlife groups? Birds, bees, etc. :wink:

Just wondering.

Jack
Chris

Re: Relationships

Post by Chris »

Haha! I wonder what made you ask this question, Jack! :D
With Kind Regards

Chris
http://thrintoftpatch.blogspot.co.uk
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

If you're about to start a Leps Dateline, Jack, sign me up.

I'm a former 18-year-old, very handsome, and looking for something like a cross between Buffy and the lady zoologist in that scary film about a giant crocodile, but with more of a butterfly angle. And she needs to like dogs.

Oh, and when she does the vacuuming she needs to move the spiders out of the way first, otherwise I'll spend my entire time going through the bags liberating them.

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

Did I mention I was single?

Guy
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

You are all misunderstanding :D

I just reflect that I met my (present) wife sharing the same thing that we loved, gliding. So if people do share a similar interest, then that's a good start. At least one partner can never complain in the future "that you always off gliding". (substitute gliding for the appropriate hobby)

In passing I could mention that we got married in Bristol (crikey nearly 24 years ago), but that is of no relevance.

I digress at this point. Some junior school kids were asked about marriage and religion. One wrote that "Christian men are only allowed one wife. That's called monotony" (sorry, some of you heard that yesterday)

Jack
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

I'm in the 'same boat' as you Guy, after recently becoming single again myself, due to 'over-butterflying'. My expectations are also equally reasonable. I want a 'cross' between Kate Moss and Jack Hargreaves - no I don't mean Kate with a beard - although I believe she was wearing tweed a few years back. I also want a host of migrating Monarchs to settle on my garden buddleia. I think we might be moving back towards that thread on dream sequences! :(
Neil
Markulous

Post by Markulous »

I've been known to occasionally admit that we met at one of the Wildlife Trust sites! Not quite fighting over the Marbled White as we knew each other beforehand. Luckily, she's rubbish at taking photos and very good at housework - and if she ever reads this you're all welcome to come to my funeral! :lol:
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

I'm not too sure Guy that a vacuum cleaner chat-up line would be very effective in this age of sexual equality.
Oh, and when she does the vacuuming she needs to move the spiders out of the way first, otherwise I'll spend my entire time going through the bags liberating them.
I suggested to Mike Rubin a far better line: "Do you keep Orange Tip pupae in the fridge over the winter?"

How about some more butterfly chat-up suggestions? eg "I have been likened to a Real's Wood White" :D

Jack
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Jack,
How about "you're a Camberwell Beauty - would you like to see my Purple Emperor?" :shock:
Neil
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

Sorry Bryan, I'm going to leap ahead of you with a romantic ditty. What buttefly-loving girl could resist if serenaded with this?

When I gaze in your ocelli
My brush-feet turn to jelly.
I don't care what your age is
If you haven't got a sphragis.

Guy
Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

"& here is my Grand Surprize !!"

charles
Jack Harrison

Post by Jack Harrison »

"You're a Camberwell Beauty - would you like to see my Purple Emperor?"
"Cor blimey. I'd never seen the very rare form minimus before"

Jack
Annie

Post by Annie »

surely there's going to be some point shortly where I can insert a joke about a Peacock :lol:

Guy's poem is pure class - rather Richard Stilgoe (and no, that's not a bad thing!)

incidentally, I'd be surprised if there was an internet dating site concentrated around the stuff I like, namely gramophones, butterflies, transistor radios, pre-war Austin Motor Cars, birds, 1990's Indie bands and shoes. I can just see my advert now; "Hello, I'm Annie, 29 - if you like driving below 35 mph and can tell the difference between an HMV 102 and an HMV 101, you're the man for me! (must supply own 78's)"

Just as well I met my (very tolerant) boyfriend when I did, I suppose!
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Post by Gruditch »

Sussex Kipper wrote: I want a 'cross' between Kate Moss and Jack Hargreaves
So what your looking for is, a skinny looking bird with a drug habit, who smokes a pipe and knows her tools :D

Gruditch
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Gruditch,
Spot on! And if she can prevent herself from slipping beneath my garden shed workbench before 'the break', I'll have a mystery object for her to try and identify!
Neil
Bryan H

Post by Bryan H »

padfield wrote:
When I gaze in your ocelli
My brush-feet turn to jelly.
I don't care what your age is
If you haven't got a sphragis.

Guy
Guy, I see you've lowered the tone the moment Pete has gone on holiday :)

Take heart from this graceful, old couple, who still know how to get it on prior to (or is that after) a spot of vacuuming :wink:

Bryan
Susie

Post by Susie »

Good grief! :shock:

:lol:

I know of three couples who have got together via the nature site, Wild About Britian.

Return to “General”