Trevor

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Maximus

Re: Trevor

Post by Maximus »

Fantastic shots, Trevor :mrgreen: :mrgreen: not bad for a first encounter :D

Mike

Diary entries for 2017 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Nice one Trevor, I'm probably not going to be able to see them this year so :mrgreen: :mrgreen: from me! That open winged one looks very heavily marked, could be an ab. :mrgreen:

Diary entries for 2017 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Some addictions are good for the soul!
millerd

Post by millerd »

Excellent stuff, Trevor. :) Not much of a courtship there, certainly!

Dave

trevor

Post by trevor »

Many thanks folks for your interest and comments, I shall wear your mrgreens with pride.

The image titled ' approach ' was complete luck, I only discovered the incoming Butterfly
when I reviewed the images of the day.

A tip for anyone visiting Collard Hill, from one of the rangers. The best place to see them is along
the path at the base of the hill. All of my shots were taken there.

Trevor.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Fantastic shots Trevor - they certainly don't hang about, none of this flowers, fine wines and romance malarky :shock: :lol:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

This morning I revisited the site at Tilshead, Wiltshire, at a very early hour.
It was clear that the spring species seen on my last visit, had given way to those of Summer.
The only exception was a ' blue ' female Common Blue.
As the site has many acres of tall grassland I was hoping for my first Marbled White of the year.
Just two were seen, but the conditions suggest a hot spot for this species later on.

The images below give an indication of what's on offer at Tilshead, plus an extra shot of
a Small Tortoiseshell on a French Marigold in the pub garden, just how I remember them when I was a small boy.

Trevor.
Attachments
P1080487.JPG
P1080486.JPG
P1080483.JPG
P1080482.JPG
P1080484.JPG
P1080485.JPG

David M

Post by David M »

Nice to see Small Tortoiseshells back out, Trevor. I saw three of them today myself and it lifted my spirits!

kevling

Post by kevling »

Trevor,

I know what mean about child hood memories. That Small Tort on the Marigold is lovely. Gone are the days when my Dad's buddleia would have a dozen of them on it at any time.

Regards
Kev

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely Ringlet Trevor :D It seems you came West while I headed East :roll:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I love the shot of the Tortoiseshell Trevor, I keep hoping they'll arrive here soon, no luck yet though. Goldie :D

trevor

Post by trevor »

BEFORE THE MAIN EVENT WE'LL TAKE A SHORT COMMERCIAL BREAK.
Attachments
TESCO TUNA IN BRINE, NOW AVAILABLE AS 4 PACK..... ONLY£3.OO...... EVERY LITTLE HELPS
TESCO TUNA IN BRINE, NOW AVAILABLE AS 4 PACK..... ONLY£3.OO...... EVERY LITTLE HELPS
BLACK LEATHER SHOES FROM PAVERS £39
BLACK LEATHER SHOES FROM PAVERS £39

trevor

Post by trevor »

I was out of the house very early this morning to beat the heat.
On arrival, for another Emperor search, the air felt better than yesterday,
and I was more optimistic of some good sightings, whereas the previous day
the air was oppressive and I only saw a little tree top action.

The morning was a little slow to get going, but it was still early. Later P.J Underwood
arrived, and as we stood chatting he spotted a grounded Emperor some distance away.
Well spotted PJ. Just as we began to photograph this Butterfly, Dave ( millerd ) appeared
over the horizon, just in time, and we all obtained some nice images.
A second PE chose my bait to indulge in, and made several return visits, throughout the morning.
The first PE also kept returning to his favourite spot and on one occasion, landed on my shoe !.

Despite quite a few sightings of Emperor flypasts we all agreed that only two grounded.

An excellent morning.
Trevor.
Attachments
P1080682.JPG
P1080688.JPG
P1080689.JPG
P1080684.JPG
P1080690.JPG
P1080685.JPG
P1080691.JPG
P1080692.JPG
P1080687.JPG
P1080686.JPG

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Lovely images again Trevor :mrgreen: Can you please send one or two this way - preferably to the Oaks in my garden as I'm not getting much further than that at the moment :lol:

kevling

Post by kevling »

Beautiful photos of the Emperors Trevor. Don't you just love summer

Regards Kev

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Great shots of HIM,Trevor :mrgreen: summer's (definitely) here again :D

Mike

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Fantastic stuff Trevor :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Oh to be able to take a day off :( :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

Many thanks for all your comments, and I hope you enjoyed the joke commercials.

A surprise visitor to the Bell Inn, Great Cheverell, this afternoon was this gorgeous Scarlet Tiger Moth

After flying around the bar, it flew outside and settled on a wall. The first one I've seen for many years.

Trevor.
Attachments
P1080727.JPG

trevor

Post by trevor »

DINNER FOR TWO.

How the weather can make a big difference to Butterfly behaviour !.
Nothing yesterday, far too hot, and manic today,
Highlights include; Two male Emperors on my well baited log, it's been festering for over a week,
and another male PE and a White Admiral indulging in something even nastier.

THE NEXT INSTALLMENT......... DINING ALONE.
Attachments
P1080801.JPG
P1080804.JPG

David M

Post by David M »

Superb, Trevor. Preparation pays dividends!

Great effort to get camilla and iris in the same shot! :)

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Impressive stuff Trevor, your festering log is certainly pulling in the local talent :lol:

Some addictions are good for the soul!

Return to “Personal Diaries”