November 2016

Discussion forum for sightings.
David M

Re: November 2016

Post by David M »

Speckled Wood butterfly at Probus, near Truro, Cornwall in the morning at 10:50am yesterday (13th November)...
Amazing sighting! Your Cornish microclimate is far warmer than ours in S. Wales! :(
trevor

Post by trevor »

Just one worn Clouded Yellow found at Shoreham Harbour yesterday, 16th Nov.
Attachments
P1300039.JPG
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

A brief visit from a Peacock this lunchtime,it flew around our workshop for a short while,and then flew back towards the open doors,resting on the concrete ramp,and taking some sun,for a couple of minutes,before flying out and away. I think that's probably my latest ever Peacock !
Regards Allan.W.
EricY

Post by EricY »

On Wednesday 23rd my car was parked in a sunny position @ Holme next the Sea Norfolk for a couple of hours while I visited the local reserve. On driving away I saw in my rearview mirror a Small Tort fluttering about in the rear window. I assume at some time it had found it's way into the car for hibernation & the warmth of the sun had woken it up. I stopped the car by the Church & let it out, should find a cool place in there to hibernate! Eric
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Two sightings that I won't get to mention on my PD...

Red Admiral - 11-11-2016 at 11:00 am, Pewsey Vale School. It flew across the Amphitheatre, over the piper and military persons, looped round once over the assembled pupils and staff and then settled at the top of a Birch during the minutes silence. Very poignant, it even had the correct livery.

Red Admiral - 29-11-2016 at 3:10 pm, Manor Fields School. I was picking little L up and this was a mixed surprise - nice to see a butterfly but also slightly concerning as it was Brass Monkey's out...

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Sightings”