Katrina

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Katrina

Re: Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Trevor, I was pleased I managed something nearly recognisable in view of the poor light and distance (cropped image). :D The proboscis looks as long as the body !

Diary entries for 2016 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Congrats on the LTB Katrina :mrgreen: And that is a cracking view of the Hummingbird Hawk moth :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Diary entries for 2016 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
David M

Post by David M »

I've seen these insects many times, but you're right, their proboscis is huge! I'd never really noticed that before.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Today I visited High and Over for the first time to see the third brood Walls. Trevor kindly showed me around and it was a pleasure to meet Bob. I saw Walls, Red Admirals, Whites, a Meadow Brown and Speckled Woods. Trevor and I then went on to Tide Mills where we also met Bugboy and John. We saw Clouded Yellows, Common Blues, Whites and Small Heaths. We didn't find any LTBs today but did see a weasel run across the path just in front of us. Another good day in good company.
Attachments
DSC04447.jpg

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Excellent Cloudy shot Katrina and nice to bump into you again today :). Your closing words to me were very nearly true!

Some addictions are good for the soul!
trevor

Post by trevor »

You kept that Cloudie image quiet, superb shot !. We'll never know if that first sighting at Tide Mills was an LTB or not.
Good to see some familiar UKB'ers out and about.

Thanks for a great day,
Trevor.

Katrina

Aldrington Canal and Beeding

Post by Katrina »

Early afternoon I visited Aldrington Canal. It was a pleasure to meet Lindsay. I stayed for about three quarters of an hour and saw Clouded Yellows, 2 Painted Ladies, Whites and a Red Admiral. I then went on to Beeding Cement Works briefly and saw 6 Red Admirals.
Attachments
DSC04488.jpg
DSC04489.jpg
DSC04490.jpg
DSC04515.jpg
DSC04521.jpg

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely shots of the Clouded Yellow and Painted Lady Katrina, especially the second Painted Lady, a different angle that shows the subtlety :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

That's a lovely Clouded Yellow shot Katrina :mrgreen: wish they'd come North :) Goldie :D

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Wurzel, the Painted lady shot looks like it's about to fly off into the sunset.
Thank you Goldie, I hope you get to see one.

millerd

Post by millerd »

A really nice female Cloudie, Katrina. :) :mrgreen: A very "clean" looking butterfly (if you see what I mean... :) )

Dave

Katrina

Tide Mills

Post by Katrina »

I went to Tide Mills this morning. I saw Bugboy's Shrike which was easy to find as it had its own entourage. It was very obliging. Butterflies were less so I saw one fresh looking Red Admiral, one fresh looking Clouded Yellow and 3 whites.
Attachments
DSC04562.jpg
DSC04574.jpg
DSC04612.jpg
DSC04618.jpg
Last edited by Katrina on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

A better photo than mine was posted on the UK Dragonflies and Damselflies site today
https://www.facebook.com/groups/561222590593478/

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Cripes he's still there, I'm surprised there's anything left to eat the rate he was going through stuff a week ago!

Also I do like he's being tagged as 'Bugboys Shrike' :D

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Well, it was rather good of you to find a rare bird for people to look at in between searching for LTBs! :D

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great shots of the RBS and an even lusher shot of the Cloudy Katrina :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Katrina wrote:Well, it was rather good of you to find a rare bird for people to look at in between searching for LTBs! :D
All in a days work :D

Katrina

Cute Koala and Butterfly video

Post by Katrina »

Katrina

Red Admiral Stedham Commin

Post by Katrina »

I went to Stedham Common for a short time this lunchtime. I found one Red Admiral and was impressed by its camouflage.
Attachments
DSC04679.jpg
DSC04716.jpg
DSC04718.JPG
DSC04720.jpg
DSC04657.jpg
DSC04654.jpg

Katrina

Bonus photo

Post by Katrina »

Using the light adjust.
Attachments
DSC04682.jpg

Return to “Personal Diaries”