Katrina

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: Katrina

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely Silver spot Katrina :D :mrgreen: I hope they buck the trend of 2016 and have a great year.
Have a goodun

Wurzel

Diary entries for 2016 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Wurzel, I hope so too.

Diary entries for 2016 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely shot of the SSS Katrina :mrgreen: I hope to see some in Kent next week if I'm lucky Goldie :D

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Smashing shot of the male SSS Katrina. Was it taken quite late in the day? I am just wondering how you got so close as I am finding it nigh on impossible :roll:

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Hi Pauline, photo was taken at 5.40 pm. Weather was swinging from sunny to cloudy and cold. Shame about the red bits on it which I suspect may be mites.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

I went to Chantry Hill early this morning. I saw about 40 Chalkhill Blues, a similar number of Meadow Browns, some Gatekeepers, some skippers, two faded Dark Green Fritillaries, three whites, one Brown Argus, one Silver spotted skipper (with no mites this time!), one Marbled White, four Red Admirals with one ab. bialbata and a moth I was hoping someone would identify for me
Attachments
DSC02935.JPG
DSC02938.jpg
DSC02946.jpg
DSC02991.jpg
DSC03013.jpg
DSC03062.JPG

trevor

Post by trevor »

I really like the Silver Spotted Skipper, Haven't seen one yet.
Are you going to join the Brownies soon ? :lol: .

All the best,
Trevor.

Nick Tanner

Post by Nick Tanner »

hello Katrina,

your moth is a Dusky Sallow, not rare but still beautiful!

Nick

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Trevor. No immediate plans to join the Brownie spotters, is that where you have been today?
Thank you for the ID Nick, I don't know much about moths but I found this one posing nicely! :D

trevor

Post by trevor »

No I haven't been to Steyning yet, busy elsewhere today. 10 mins. at Eartham is all I could spare this morning.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

More lovely shots Katrina, the first Chalkhill is really eye catching :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Wurzel.
This afternoon I went for a short trip to Windover Hill. Conditions were somewhat trying with a stiff breeze. There were a lot of Chalkhill Blues (I didn't count but think more than one hundred) and a good number of Meadow Browns. I very quickly saw one Grayling nectaring but only manage a few poor photos. That was the only one I found . Also seen were Gatekeepers, two Silver-spotted Skippers and a Red Admiral.
Attachments
DSC03098.jpg

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

I visited Steyning Rifle Range this morning. I was fortunate to meet Jim who found several Brown Hairstreaks in trees but none came down for us. Later it was a pleasure to meet and catch up with many of the butterfly regulars. Also seen were Gatekeepers, Meadow Browns, Walls , Brimstones, Red Admirals and a Peacock.
Attachments
DSC03201.jpg

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Gorgeous shot of the Wall Katrina - way better than anything I have ever achieved and falls into the category of 'photos I wish I'd taken' :mrgreen:

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Pauline! I was lucky it stayed still for me. :D

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Superb Wall Katrina, I think they'll be the death of me, takes me hours of chasing just to get a record shot!

Some addictions are good for the soul!
badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

Yes Katrina. Very nice Wall Brown. As everyone knows they are not generally easy!!

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Bugboy, I was admiring your HBFs, a species I haven't been to see yet.
Thank you Bob, I have recently been looking at and loving the photos on your website.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I agree with the others Katrina that is a cracking Wall image :D The underside is brill - all those patterns, it really deserves a better name :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

David M

Post by David M »

I haven't yet seen any second brood Walls, Katrina, so that one you've captured is most welcome.

Return to “Personal Diaries”