Horsenden Hill

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
Martin

Horsenden Hill

Post by Martin »

After being told the WLH were finished for the year last week I was very pleased to get this shot today...not the best shot but at least I got one :D

Martin.
FlyByWire

Post by FlyByWire »

Well done! Good shot.

Meanwhile if you want Marbled White Sharpenhoe Clappers is the place to be. Hundreds of them everywhere on the Eastern slopes. Even while I was lunching it on the windy Western slopes I was being buzzed by them while I ate. Awesome. Scores if not hundreds of Dark Green Fritillaries too. Put a full report in the Field Trips forum.

I guess I'll be back to Horsenden Hill during the week for my lunchbreaks weather permitting.

-Mike
Susie

Re: Horsenden Hill

Post by Susie »

I hear from the local residents association that there are all sorts of new species to Horsenden Hill turning up, such as Ringlet and Brown Argus, which is good news. :D
Martin

Post by Martin »

Rosy Rustic wrote:I hear from the local residents association that there are all sorts of new species to Horsenden Hill turning up, such as Ringlet and Brown Argus, which is good news. :D
Do you live close Rosey? I'm a 10/15 minute drive away in Uxbridge.

Martin.
Susie

Post by Susie »

I grew up very close by, Martin. I went to Horsenden school when I was a nipper. I still have family in the area and so visit regularly but I have moved away now.

Return to “Sites”