Winter Get-together 2015

Discussion forum for field trips and any other events.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: Winter Get-together 2015

Post by Wurzel »

A belated thank you from me too Susie for organising another great Social, my only regret was that I couldn't stay longer :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Yes thanks Susie, as a newbie it was good to put some more faces to names. It was also good to feel relatively normal sat amongst a group of grown people talking about butterflies! :)
Some addictions are good for the soul!
millerd

Post by millerd »

Yes, thank you Susie for keeping what is becoming a tradition going. More people than ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to everyone there too. :D

(And thanks also to dilettante for the lift at the end - exquisite timing for the train too! :) )

Dave
Last edited by millerd on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Harfield

Post by Paul Harfield »

Looks like I managed to arrive late enough to avoid the group photo yesterday :wink:
It was a great afternoon and nice to meet up with familiar faces and a few new ones. Sorry to those I did not get to have a conversation with.
Thanks to Susie for making sure this happens every year :D
This is a great venue for me because it is only just up the road from home, I hope it remains here. I am curious as to how we arrived at choosing this venue especially as Susie is from Sussex, could somebody enlighten me please :?:
Susie

Post by Susie »

jackz432r wrote: This is a great venue for me because it is only just up the road from home, I hope it remains here. I am curious as to how we arrived at choosing this venue especially as Susie is from Sussex, could somebody enlighten me please :?:
One year at the Aes exhibition I was chatting to a few ukbutts members and idea of a winter get together was born. I looked at a map and found somewhere near to motorways accessible to us and decided Winchester was a good bet. Then I was warned that Winchester traffic at Christmas (initially the get together was in December) was a bit of a trial so I looked a bit further afield. A few possible locations came up but they needed to be near a railway station which narrowed the choices down a bit more. Finally online reviews of the pubs were consulted and Bob's your uncle. :D a nice country pub with good food, a free carpark, etc... bet you're sorry you asked now. :lol:
Last edited by Susie on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susie

Post by Susie »

bugboy wrote:Yes thanks Susie, as a newbie it was good to put some more faces to names. It was also good to feel relatively normal sat amongst a group of grown people talking about butterflies! :)

I'm glad you could make it, it's nice to encourage the younger generation :lol:

Thanks again to everyone who has said thanks.
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Susie wrote:
bugboy wrote:Yes thanks Susie, as a newbie it was good to put some more faces to names. It was also good to feel relatively normal sat amongst a group of grown people talking about butterflies! :)

I'm glad you could make it, it's nice to encourage the younger generation :lol:

Thanks again to everyone who has said thanks.
I'm the younger generation :shock: not been refered to in that way for at least 20 years!
Some addictions are good for the soul!
MikeOxon

Post by MikeOxon »

bugboy wrote:I'm the younger generation :shock: not been refered to in that way for at least 20 years!
rejoice! :D

Return to “Field Trips and Events”