Trevor

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
bugboy

Re: Trevor

Post by bugboy »

Very sorry for your loss. It's good to have a hobby such as ours to be able to clear our heads in such times.

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Some addictions are good for the soul!
trevor

Post by trevor »

Many thanks Goldie, Neil, Maximus and Buggy.for your thoughts. And you are quite right, there's some
lovely people on UKB. Long may this site continue!.

Trevor.

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

I'm really sorry to read that you lost your dad Trevor. You told me how unwell he was when we met the other day. I'm sure your lovely grand kids will soon put a smile back on your face.

My best wishes to you.

James

Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Trevor,

I'm really sorry to hear the sad news about your father. We all know that such things are inevitable, but that's never going to make things easier. My thoughts are with you. As others have said, I'm sure that the peace and tranquillity provided by the great outdoors, and butterflies in particular, will be a great help.

Best Wishes, Neil

Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Padfield »

My deepest sympathies for your loss, Trevor. I wish you a peaceful time with nature and your memories.

Guy

Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I offer my condolences Trevor and my thoughts are with you and yours.

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

P1170540.JPG
Firstly, i would like to thank everyone for the messages and PM's regarding my father, they have been a
great help. What a great thing these diaries are, reading through them the personality of members often
comes over in their posts. Even though i will probably never meet some of you in the flesh it's good to
know you on here !.
With the funeral arrangements now made, i have had a free day so i made a return visit to the Buddleia
bush on the Downs. All the usual suspects were present, plus, many more fresh Red Admirals, it would
seem that they are still emerging. The Painted Lady was also present, and just as difficult.
Other species seen were a Holly Blue, Comma, Male Brimstone and a huge Large White.

Many thanks again,
Trevor.
Attachments
P1170545.JPG
P1170544.JPG
P1170542.JPG

David M

Post by David M »

These butterflies must surely provide you with a great lift at this time, Trevor. It's good to know you have this 'escape' available to you in this otherwise stressful period.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Yesterday afternoon i had a walk around a wild flower meadow near Alfriston. With the season
on the wane it was quite remarkable how many flowers and Butterflies were still about. But two
Small Tortoiseshells stole the show, as i had not seen any for quite sometime.

Many thanks to you all once again,
Trevor.
Attachments
P1170613.JPG
P1170614.JPG

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely Butterflies Trevor, your in our thoughts Goldie :)

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Alfriston oh Alfriston,
I can see your butterflies waning...
Glen Campbell was great :D

It is good to see the Small Torts back I've missed them, the second one in particular is a nice example, I like the pose it's throwing :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

trevor

Post by trevor »

P1170704.JPG
As we are now in the latter half of September, options for good Butterfly sites are becoming fewer.
So today i hedged my bets and returned to ' that ' Buddleia bush up on the Downs. And once again
there was plenty of action, though the numbers are going down.
I was pleasantly surprised to find some very fresh Red Admirals nectaring, and also basking. The
Painted Lady was present, and came a little closer this time. I am sure this is the same specimen
i've seen for several weeks, as this Buddleia is the only source of nectar in the area.
I later paid a visit to the old railway, a few Speckled Woods and a Small White were in attendance.
Tomorrow i hope to search for Long Tail Blues, but i'm not that optimistic of success.

Trevor.
Attachments
P1170705.JPG
P1170702.JPG
P1170703.JPG
P1170701.JPG
P1170706.JPG
P1170697.JPG
P1170707.JPG
P1170699.JPG
P1170698.JPG

David M

Post by David M »

trevor wrote: Tomorrow i hope to search for Long Tail Blues, but i'm not that optimistic of success.
One thing's for sure, Trevor, if you don't go you definitely won't see any!

Good luck.

trevor

Post by trevor »

P1170806.JPG
Yesterday i planned a day out to search for Long Tail Blues, as the weather forecast for today looked
ideal, and indeed it was. Whilst having my early morning coffee i pondered on which site to visit, taking
into account where the most everlasting Pea is to be found.
By pure luck, as i arrived on site a well known UKB'er was approaching me from behind as i was walking
to a well known Pea area. His news was music to my ears, one had been located on this site.
Indeed it had !, and i was soon looking at a pristine Long Tail Blue. This specimen had chosen to
nectar and bask right in the middle of a dense Bramble thicket, but later flew to some more
camera friendly locations allowing everyone to get some shots.
Finally i have decided not to reveal the location of the LTB so as not to alert the ' men with nets '
that we rightly dislike, and may also browse these diaries.

Trevor.
Attachments
P1170809.JPG
P1170801.JPG
P1170800.JPG
P1170802.JPG
P1170804.JPG
P1170805.JPG
P1170807.JPG
P1170803.JPG

millerd

Post by millerd »

That is a splendid new LTB, Trevor. Your research paid off big time. :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Excellent stuff.

Dave

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Well Done Trever, superb find :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Fantastic stuff Trevor :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely shots Trevor, :mrgreen: so glad you got your shots at last, they're wish I'd taken them shots Goldie :D

David M

Post by David M »

Great stuff, Trevor, and well done for not advertising the precise location. It's good to know that the visitors all seemed to be 'proper' butterfly enthusiasts.

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Brilliant shots of the LTB'S, Trevor :D

Return to “Personal Diaries”