Lepidoptera in the Dordogne

Discussion forum for sightings.
Wayne Fennell

Lepidoptera in the Dordogne

Post by Wayne Fennell »

I am in the process of adding data to a web site I have created, this site is dedicated to the lepidoptera of the Dordogne (I live there). I'm asking to see if anyone has any records from the department as one of the features of the site are the DMAPs I am creating for each species recorded. If anyone is willing to pass on their records I would be truly grateful. I need SPECIES_NAME, DATE, LAT AND LONG readings, thank you for taking the time to read this plea and I can be contacted at wayne.fennell@orange.fr. The web site is blocked at the moment, but I'm hoping it will go live sometime toward the end of the year
Paul

Re: Lepidoptera in the Dordogne

Post by Paul »

I was there.. south of Bergerac in Aug 2005..... highlight was this dispar which graced us with a brief but memorable visit.

Other species seen included Heath, Glanville, Knapweed, Spotted, Silver Washed Frits, Lesser P.E., Clouded Yellows, Wood White, Sooty Copper, Short tailed Blue, Provencal STBlue, Common Blue, Mazarine Blue, Long Tailed Blue, Brown Argus, Geranium Bronze, European Swallowtail, Comma, Speckled Wood, Gatekeeper, Grizzled & Dingy Skippers

Return to “Sightings”