Martin Jenkins

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Martin Jenkins

Martin Jenkins

Post by Martin Jenkins »

Friday 26-5-17 - Shepherd's Chine, Isle of Wight.

Glanville Fritillaries.

Martin.
Last edited by Martin Jenkins on Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diary entries for 2017 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Goldie M

Re: Martin Jenkins

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely Photo's Martin, :mrgreen: of a Butterfly I've yet to see Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2017 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Martin Jenkins

Post by Martin Jenkins »

28-5-17 - Newtown NNR Isle of Wight.

Small Heath.
Last edited by Martin Jenkins on Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Good to see reports from the Isle of Wight, Martin. One of my favourite destinations.
Great Glanville image, saw them at Wheelers Bay, Bonchurch, a few years back.

All the best,
Trevor.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely fresh Glannie Martin :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Martin Jenkins

Post by Martin Jenkins »

Back to Shepherd's Chine for an hour this morning, got LOADS of photos :D

This is straight out of the camera...

Martin.

Art Frames

Post by Art Frames »

Lovely shots and you have brought back my childhood. I have fond memories of the Isle of Wight. Saw my first ever purple hairstreak basking open winged showing purple. In those days we didn't take photos, but I wish I'd had the same camera as today...

Peter - Art Frames
A few photos on Flickr
David M

Post by David M »

Lovely image of the Glanville pair, Martin. This is one species that seems to pair up in prominent places....such as scabious flowers!

trevor

Post by trevor »

10 points for the mating pair, Martin, and a mrgreen :mrgreen: .

Trevor.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely mating pair Martin :D :mrgreen: Often the best way to get a shot of the cracking underside :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Martin Jenkins

Post by Martin Jenkins »

Both sides of a pair of Glanvilles from today.

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Janet Turnbull

Post by Janet Turnbull »

Stunning pics of those Glanvilles, Martin!

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
trevor

Post by trevor »

That's quite an encounter Martin, and you captured it perfectly.
I notice that you don't post on here very often, it would be good
to read more from that glorious Island.
Love the drive from Ventnor to Freshwater ( and some of the Butterfly
hot spots on the way ).

All the best,
Trevor.

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely shots of the Fritillaries Martin, I agree with Trevor, it would be great to see more shots from there :D Goldie :D

Return to “Personal Diaries”