Peacock butterfly

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
dobermanJake

Peacock butterfly

Post by dobermanJake »

2CD7BF50-C7C3-417D-8288-5961A4E13DC3.jpeg
A few days ago I had to put my dog Jake to sleep, he was a wonderful friend, he was also my support dog for the past 8.5 years…. Jake had a heart condition called DCM but he also suffered great trauma from a car accident he was involved in 3 weeks ago when my car was stolen with Jake in the back, he escaped after the car crashed but he had injuries and he wasn’t the same afterwards.

Today something quite amazing happened…. A butterfly flew into my bedroom and landed on my bed…. I’ve never seen a butterfly ever in my room…. and then it disappeared, I didn’t even have the window open at the time …. We checked about this butterfly called the peacock butterfly and it’s the one of the few British species with four eyes, the doberman one of only a few breeds of Dog with markings above its eyes to ward off predators.

I also read that one of most commonly reported “sign” from a deceased loved one is the butterfly. And that makes a lot of sense since butterflies represent the human soul in many cultures. They also symbolize endurance, hope, and the life cycle.

We bought the attached dog statue to place on Jakes grave which I think is quite fitting tribute to such a wonderful dog.

Just wanted to share this ♥️
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Peacock butterfly

Post by Padfield »

It is beautiful - a reminder that he will always be with you in spirit, if not in the flesh.

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
David M

Re: Peacock butterfly

Post by David M »

That's a very appropriate and highly attractive physical tribute. Butterflies do indeed represent the soul for some.

Return to “Personal Diaries”